A New System: Or, An Analysis of Antient Mythology : Wherein an Attempt is Made to Divest Tradition of Fable, and to Reduce the Truth to Its Original Purity, 4. kötet
J. Walker; W.J. and J. Richardson; R. Faulder, 1807
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Abraham Abydenus Acmon Africanus afterwards ages Alexander Polyhistor alluded Alorus Amenophis Amonians Amosis antient Apollodorus apud Arabia Ararat Armenia Arrian Assur Assyrian Babel Babylon Babylonia Bacchus Belus Berosus Bochart called Canaan Chaldea Chron Colchis consequence Cronus Cutha Cuthites Deity deluge denominated Diodorus Dionys dispersion dynasty earth Egypt Egyptians Elam Erythrean Ethiopians Euseb Eusebius Gods Grecians Greece Greeks heaven Hellenes Hence Hermes Herodotus Hesiod Iapetus Ibid Indian Indus Israelites Josephus king land language learned Manethon mankind mentioned mistake Mizraim Moses mountain nations natives Nimrod Noah Oannes original Orus Patriarch Perieg person poet priests princes Ptolemy purport region reign rendered resided river sacred says Scriptures Scythia Sethon Shepherds shew shewn Shinar signified Sisuthrus sons of Chus speaks Strabo styled supposed Syncell Syncellus takes notice term Tigris tion Titanian Titans tower whence whole worship writers
24. oldal - And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech : and it came to pass, as they journeyed from the East, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar ; and they dwelt there.
38. oldal - These are the families of the sons of Noah, after their generations, in their nations: and by these were the nations divided in the earth after the flood.
341. oldal - Lord's portion is his people ; Jacob is the lot of his inheritance. He found him in a desert land, and in the waste howling wilderness; he led him about, he instructed him, he kept him as the apple of his eye.
24. oldal - And the Lord said, Behold the people is one, and they have all one language ; and this they begin to do : and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do. Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.
18. oldal - By these were the isles of the Gentiles divided in their lands; every one after his tongue, after their families, in their nations.
21. oldal - He was a mighty hunter before the Lord: wherefore it is said, Even as Nimrod the mighty hunter before the Lord.
18. oldal - When the Most High divided to the nations their inheritance, When he separated the sons of Adam, He set the bounds of the people According to the number of the children of Israel : For the Lord's portion is his people ; Jacob is the lot of his inheritance.
38. oldal - So the Lord scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth ; and they left off to build the city.