Astronomical Principles of Religion, Natural and Reveal'd: In Nine Parts: ... Together with a Preface, of the Temper of Mind Necessary for the Discovery of Divine Truth; ... By William Whiston, ...
J. Senex, W. and J. Innys, J. Osborne, and T. Longman, 1725 - 304 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Astronomical Principles of Religion, Natural and Reveal'd: In Nine Parts ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2020
able according Accounts afford againſt Ages agree already alſo Ancient appear Author becauſe believe beſt Bodies Caſe Cauſe Center certainly Chriſtian Comets common Creatures Demonſtration direct diſcover Diſtances Diurnal Divine Earth entirely equal Eternity Evidence Eyes fame farther firſt Fixed Force give Gods Gravity greater Hand hath Heat Heaven himſelf Jupiter Knowledge known laſt leaſt leſs Light Living Lord manner Matter mean Miles Mind Moon moſt Motion move muſt Nature never Number Obſervations particular Period Philoſophy Place plain Planets Power preſent Primary proper Proportion Providence Quantity Reaſon Religion reſt Revelation revolve Sacred ſame ſay Scripture ſee ſeem ſelf ſeveral ſhall ſhould ſince ſome Soul Stars ſtill ſuch Surface Syſtem thee themſelves theſe Things thoſe thou tion true Truth Underſtanding Univerſe unto uſe viſible Water whole whoſe Wiſdom World
166. oldal - Thus saith the Lord, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar ; The Lord of Hosts is his name.
165. oldal - Thus saith the Lord, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool : where is the house that ye build unto me ? and where is the place of my rest ? For all those things hath mine hand made...
158. oldal - He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing. He bindeth up the waters in his thick clouds; and the cloud is not rent under them.
168. oldal - Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; The labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; The flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls: Yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. The Lord God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places.
167. oldal - His glory covered the heavens, And the earth was full of his praise. And his brightness was as the light; He had horns coming out of his hand : And there was the hiding of his power.
158. oldal - Who knoweth not in all these That the hand of the Lord hath wrought this? In whose hand is the soul of every living thing, And the breath of all mankind.
159. oldal - Lo, these are parts of his ways: but how little a portion is heard of him? but the thunder of his power who can understand?
160. oldal - Dost thou know the balancings of the clouds, the wondrous works of him which is perfect in knowledge?