A Catechism and Confession of Faith: Approved and Agreed Unto, by the General Assembly of the Patriarchs, Prophets and Apostles, Christ Himself Chief Speaker in and Among Them ...
1843 - 129 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
according Acts angels answered apostle appear assert baptism believe blessed blood body bread brethren bring called CHAPTER Christ Jesus Christians church cometh commandments Concerning condemnation confess contrary dead death deeds deny doctrine doth evil faith fall Father fear flesh follow friends give given glory God's gospel grace hath heart heaven Holy Ghost honour James Jesus Christ John judge judgment keep kingdom knowledge known lest light live Lord Luke manifest masters mentioned mind minister natural obey observe parents Paul peace perfect persons pray preach principles prophets prove Quakers raised received respect righteousness rule saints saith sake salvation scriptures seed servants shalt sins speak Spirit suffer teach thee things thou true truth unto walk whosoever wisdom word worship written
60. oldal - For if there come unto your assembly a man with a gold ring, in goodly apparel, and there come in also a poor man in vile raiment ; and ye have respect to him that weareth the gay clothing, and say unto him ; Sit thou here in a good place; and say to the poor; Stand thou there, or sit here under my footstool ; are ye not then partial in yourselves, and are become judges of evil thoughts...
37. oldal - And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin. Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him. Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
71. oldal - But Peter and John answered and said unto them, Whether it be right in the sight of God to hearken unto you more than unto God, judge ye. For we cannot but speak the things which we have seen and heard.
57. oldal - Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life ; and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.
43. oldal - A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach; not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous...
23. oldal - But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead ; much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.
53. oldal - He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord ; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it.
57. oldal - I am that bread of life. Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead. This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die. I am the living bread which came down from heaven : if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.
60. oldal - Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world, rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which He hath promised to them that love Him?
59. oldal - But this I say, brethren, the time is short: it remaineth, that both they that have wives be as though they had none; And they that weep, as though they wept not; and they that rejoice, as though they rejoiced not; and they that buy, as though they possessed not; And they that use this world, as not abusing it: for the fashion of this world passeth away.