The Old and New Testaments Connected in the History of the Jews and Neighbouring Nations: From the Declensions of the Kingdoms of Israel and Judah to the Time of Christ, 3. kötet
Middlesex Bookstore, 1816
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according Achaeus afterwards Alexander Alexandria ambassadors Antiochus Epiphanes Antiq Appian Aristeas army Attalus Bacchides battle brother brought called Christ Christians church Cleopatra Coele-Syria command crown cycle daughter death Demetrius Diodor Diodorus Siculus Egypt Egyptian enemy Excerptis Valesii forces former full moon gotten governour Greek hath heathen Hebrew hereof Hieronymus high priest holy hundred Hyrcanus ibid Jerusalem Jewish Jews Jonathan Joseph Josephus Judas Judea Justin king of Egypt king of Syria king Ptolemy king's kingdom Legat Lesser Asia Livius Lysimachus Maccab manner marched matter Onias Palestine peace Philometor Philopater Physcon Plutarch Polyb Polybius prince provinces Ptoi Ptolemy Euergetes Ptolemy Philadelphus reckoning reign religion returned Romans Rome Sadducees saith Scriptures sect Seleucus sent Septuagint Simon slain slew Sosibius Soter Strabo Syria Syriacis talents tells temple thence thereby things thither thousand tiochus tion took unto whereon whole wholly worship
24. oldal - And Aaron shall lay both his hands upon the head of the live goat, and confess over him all the iniquities of the children of Israel, and all their transgressions in all their sins, putting them upon the head of the goat, and shall send him away by the hand of a fit man into the wilderness: And the goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a land not inhabited: and he shall let go the goat in the wilderness.
9. oldal - The Book of Common Prayer, and Administration of the Sacraments, and other Rites and Ceremonies of the Church, according to the use of the Church of England, together with the Psalter or Psalms of David, pointed as they are to be sung or said in churches ; and the form and manner of making, ordaining, and consecrating of bishops, priests, and deacons.
483. oldal - Thou shalt in any wise set him king over thee, whom the LORD thy God shall choose: one from among thy brethren shalt thou set king over thee: thou mayest not set a stranger over thee, which is not thy brother.
151. oldal - The tract of which they thus became possessed was subsequently allotted to the tribes of Reuben and Gad, and the half tribe of Manasseh.
354. oldal - In that day shall there be an altar to the Lord in the midst of the land of Egypt, and a pillar at the border thereof to the Lord.
354. oldal - In that day shall five cities in the land of Egypt speak the language of Canaan, and swear to the LORD of hosts ; one shall be called, The city of destruction.
477. oldal - Man was not made for the sabbath, but the sabbath for man'; He had pointed to the fulfilment of the law in the Gospel.
312. oldal - ... so that by their mediation a peace has been concluded on very reasonable terms; nor is there any nation about them so fierce, cruel, or barbarous as not to look upon their persons as sacred and inviolable. The first and the last day of the month, and of the year, is a festival. They measure their months by the course of the moon, and their years by the course of the sun. The first days are called in their language the Cynemernes, and the last the Trapemernes ; which answers in our language to...
71. oldal - In the hundred fourscore and eighth year, the people that were at Jerusalem and in Judea, and the council, and Judas, sent greeting and health unto Aristobulus, king Ptolemeus...
105. oldal - God to create the world ; whereas the followers of Epicurus denied it. It is said, also, that they rejected the Bible, except the Pentateuch ; denied predestination ; and taught, that God had made man absolute -master of all his actions, without assistance to good, or restraint from evil.