Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
action affections American Church amusements animals Apostolic succession appointed Archbishop Archbishop Spottiswoode argument Assembly authority baptism believe Bishop body called character Christ Christian Church of England civil clergy clergymen common sense consecrated Convention course Covenanters Diocese Divine doctrine duty ecclesiastical emotions England English Episcopal evil excommunication exercise fact faith feel give grace hand heart Holy human idea Inherent Rights instincts Jane Eyre king Kirk labour laity language Lord malevolent marriage matter means ment mind ministers moral Mosaic record nation nature never noble object parishes passions perhaps persons practical preaching Presbyterian present principle Privy Council Protestantism question Real Presence reason Reformation regard religion religious Roman Sacrament Scripture seems sermons society soul speak spirit Synods things thought tion true truth Tulchan whole words
270. oldal - Paul to be honourable among all men : and therefore is not by any to be entered into unadvisedly or lightly ; but reverently, discreetly, advisedly, soberly, and in the fear of God.
132. oldal - ALMIGHTY God, our heavenly Father, who of thy tender mercy didst give thine only Son Jesus Christ to suffer death upon the cross for our redemption, who made there (by his one oblation of himself once offered) a full, perfect, and sufficient sacrifice, oblation, and satisfaction for the sins of the whole world...
113. oldal - That the wicked is reserved to the day of destruction? they shall be brought forth to the day of wrath.
133. oldal - Lord and heavenly Father, according to the institution of Thy dearly beloved Son our Saviour Jesus Christ, we, Thy humble servants, do celebrate and make here before Thy Divine Majesty, with these Thy holy gifts, which we now offer unto Thee, the memorial which Thy Son hath commanded us to make...
356. oldal - For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts : and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people...
127. oldal - And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.
120. oldal - She looked a little old woman, so short-sighted that she always appeared to be seeking something, and moving her head from side to side to catch a sight of it. She was very shy and nervous, and spoke with a strong Irish accent. When a book was given her, she dropped her head over it till her nose nearly touched it, and when she was told to hold her head up, up went the book after it, still close to her nose, so that it was not possible to help laughing.
111. oldal - Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents : but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.
62. oldal - ... as if there were sought in knowledge a couch, whereupon to rest a searching and restless spirit; or a terrace, for a wandering and variable mind to walk up and down with a fair prospect; or a tower of state, for a proud mind to raise itself upon; or a fort or commanding ground, for strife and contention; or a shop, for profit or sale; and not a rich storehouse, for the glory of the Creator and the relief of man's estate.
57. oldal - I know I have clean hands, and a clean heart ; and, I hope, a clean house for friends or servants. But Job himself, or whosoever was the justest judge, by such hunting for matters against him, as hath been used against me, may for a time seem foul, especially in a time, when greatness is the mark, and accusation is the game.