Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according action animals appear beautiful become believe body called cause character Christ Christian church close condition connection conscience course death designed distinction divine doctrine earth effect entire eternal existence expression fact faith feelings force give given ground hand heart holy human hundred hymn idea important interest judgment knowledge language less light lines living Lord matter means mind moral faculty nature never object organic original pass period person position present principle produced prove question reason refer regard relation respect rest result says seen sense soul speak spirit stands suffering suppose theory thing thought tion true truth understanding universe volume whole writers
600. oldal - If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not. But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works : that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.
365. oldal - I fear no foe with Thee at hand to bless; Ills have no weight, and tears no bitterness; Where is death's sting? where, grave, thy victory? I triumph still, if Thou abide with me. Hold then Thy cross before my closing eyes; Shine through the gloom, and point me to the skies; Heaven's morning breaks, and earth's vain shadows flee; In life, in death, O lord, abide with me.
364. oldal - Abide with me ; fast falls the even-tide ; The darkness deepens ; Lord, with me abide ; When other helpers fail, and comforts flee, Help of the helpless, O abide with me. Swift to its close ebbs out life's little day ; Earth's joys grow dim, its glories pass away : Change and decay in all around I see ; 0 Thou Who changest not, abide with me.
597. oldal - But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost.
350. oldal - FAR from the world, O Lord, I flee, From strife and tumult far ; From scenes where Satan wages still His most successful war. 2 The calm retreat, the silent shade, With prayer and praise agree, And seem by thy sweet bounty made, For those who follow thee.
614. oldal - So that a man shall say, Verily, there is *a reward for the righteous: verily he is a God that judgeth in the earth.
392. oldal - Howbeit, for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all long-suffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.
494. oldal - Epistle. 1 Cor. x. 1. BRETHREN, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; and were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud, and in the sea; and did all eat the same spiritual meat, and did all drink the same spiritual drink; (for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them; and that Rock was CHRIST.) But with many of them GOD was not well pleased ; for they were overthrown in the wilderness.
84. oldal - ... hair, Which adds new glory to the shining sphere! Not all the tresses that fair head can boast, Shall draw such envy as the lock you lost. For, after all the murders of your eye, When, after millions slain, yourself shall die ; When those fair suns shall set, as set they must, And all those tresses shall be laid in dust, This lock the muse shall consecrate to fame, And 'midst the stars inscribe Belinda's name.