Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
affections appear attention authority become blessings bring character Christ christian commandments common conduct conscience consider conversation course creator desire devotion direct divine duty earth entice evil examples excellence excite eyes faith father favour fear feel formed friends give glory gospel grace habits happiness hath hear heart heaven holy honour hope human importance impressions improvement influence instruction interest Jesus keep kind knowledge less light live Lord manner means ment mind moral motives nature never obedience object obligation observe ourselves parent passions perfect person piety pleasure possess practice present principle prove rational reason receive relation religion religious requires respect righteous rule sabbath scriptures seek sense sentiments SERMON sinners soul spirit temper things thou thoughts tion true truth understand unto vice virtue wisdom wise worship young youth
17. oldal - Whither shall I go from thy spirit? Or whither shall I flee from thy presence? If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there; If I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. If I take the wings of the morning, And dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, Even there shall thy hand lead me, And thy right hand shall hold me. If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me, Even the night shall be light about me. Yea, the darkness hideth not from theet But the night shineth as the day. The darkness and the...
96. oldal - If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the Lord, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words: "then shalt thou delight thyself in the Lord...
43. oldal - She standeth in the top of high places, by the way in the places of the paths. She crieth at the gates, at the entry of the city, at the coming in at the doors: "Unto you, O men, I call; and my voice is to the sons of man.
44. oldal - HEAR, O heavens, and give ear, O earth: For the Lord hath spoken, I have nourished and brought up children, And they have rebelled against me. The ox knoweth his owner, And the ass his master's crib: But Israel doth not know, My people doth not consider.
18. oldal - Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord God, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel...
126. oldal - Wherefore I will not be negligent to put you always in remembrance of these things, though ye know them, and be established in the present truth.
91. oldal - If they say, Come with us, let us lay wait for blood, let us lurk privily for the innocent without cause: Let us swallow them up alive as the grave; and whole, as those that go down into the pit: 13 We shall find all precious substance, we shall fill our houses with spoil: Cast in thy lot among us; let us all have one purse...
184. oldal - Then they that feared the Lord spake often one to another: and the Lord hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the Lord, and that thought upon his name.
75. oldal - Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding; for the merchandise of it is better than the merchandise of silver, and the gain thereof than fine gold. She is more precious than rubies; and all the things thou canst desire are not to be compared unto her.
17. oldal - I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill ; but time and chance happeneth to them all.