Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
act shall take addition aforesaid aldermen allowed amended amount annual application appointed appropriated Approved assessed assistant authorized ballot bonds Boston buildings called cause changed Chap chapter clerk commissioners Commonwealth constitution corporation council court damages direction district duties easements effect eight eighteen hundred election enacted established expenses fire five hundred follows four fund governor granted held hereby hold hundred dollars inhabitants issue justice land manner March mayor meeting ment necessary notice officers otherwise paid party passage payment person powers present prison Public Statutes purchase railroad receive record relating removed representatives Resolved respective returns salary scrip SECT SECTION senate sentence street sum not exceeding supply take effect taken term thereof thousand dollars tion town treasurer trustees twenty vote voters ward
28. oldal - ... it shall be the duty of legislatures and magistrates, in all .future periods of this Commonwealth, to cherish the interests of literature and the sciences, and all seminaries of them ; especially the university at Cambridge, public schools, and grammar schools in the towns...
3. oldal - The end of the institution, maintenance, and administration of government, is to secure the existence of the body politic ; to protect it, and to furnish the individuals who compose it with the power of enjoying, in safety and tranquillity, their natural rights and the blessings of life...
4. oldal - And no subject shall be hurt, molested, or restrained, in his person, liberty, or estate, for worshipping GOD in the manner and season most agreeable to the dictates of his own conscience; or for his religious profession of sentiments; provided he doth not disturb the public peace, or obstruct others in their religious worship.
15. oldal - The senate shall be a court with full authority to hear and determine all impeachments made by the house of representatives, against any officer or officers of the commonwealth, for misconduct and mal-administration in their offices.
4. oldal - God, and for the support and maintenance of public protestant teachers of piety, religion and morality, in all cases where such provision shall not be made voluntarily.
34. oldal - ... [and who shall have paid, by himself, or his parent, master, or guardian, any state or county tax, which shall, within two years next preceding such election...
26. oldal - Whereas our wise and pious ancestors, so early as the year one thousand six hundred and thirty-six, laid the foundation of Harvard College, in which university many persons of great eminence have, by the blessing of GOD, been initiated in those arts and sciences which qualified them for public employments, both in church and state: and whereas the encouragement of arts and sciences, and all good literature, tends to the honor of (Ion.
33. oldal - That no such government shall be erected or constituted in any town not containing twelve thousand inhabitants ; nor unless it be with the consent, and on the application, of a majority of the inhabitants of such town, present and voting thereon, pursuant to a vote at a meeting duly warned and holden for that purpose...
30. oldal - I do solemnly swear that I will administer justice without respect to persons, and do equal right to the poor and to the rich; and that I will faithfully and impartially discharge all the duties incumbent on me as , according to the best of my abilities and understanding agreeably to the Constitution and laws of the United States.
350. oldal - Such examinations shall be practical in their character, and so far as may be shall relate to those matters which will fairly test the relative capacity and fitness of the persons examined to discharge the duties of the service into which they seek to be appointed.