Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Abraham agreeable Ahaziah Amorites Antichrist apostle appears ascended atonement behold blessing brought called Canaan captivity chap children of Israel Christ Chron church cloud covenant David death destruction Deut divine earth Edom Egypt enemies evident Exod Ezek faith father feast feast of tabernacles fire fruit Gentiles glorious glory God's gospel grace hath heart heaven holy Isai Isaiah Jacob Jerusalem Jesus Jews Joshua Judah Judg king kingdom land light Lord manifest manner Matth mentioned Messiah Mizraim Moses Moses's mountains nations Nazarite Old Testament Pentateuch Pharaoh priest promise prophecies prophet Psalm Red sea redemption represented righteousness sacrifice saints saith says scripture seems servant signifies Solomon speaks Spirit spoken tabernacle Tarshish temple thee things thou shalt throne tion typified unto verse viii wilderness word xviii xxiii xxiv Zech Zion
345. oldal - the holy place. Thou hast ascended on high; thou hast led captivity captive: thou hast received gifts for men; yea, for the rebellious also, that the Lord God might dwell among them." These are the chariots in which Christ, ascended, as Elijah, in his ascension into heaven, did not ascend without chariots and horses of fire to
516. oldal - taught it, but by revelation of Jesus Christ;" and verse 15, 16, "But when it pleased God who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace to reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen, immediately 1 conferred not with flesh and blood.
377. oldal - It shall never be inhabited. But wild beasts of the desert shall lie there, and their houses shall be full of doleful creatures, and owls shall dwell there, and satyrs shall dance there. And the wild beasts of the islands shall cry in their desolate houses, and dragons in their pleasant palaces.
510. oldal - Maketh manifest the favour of his knowledge by us in every place. For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ in them that are saved, and in them that perish. To the one we are the savour of death, unto death, and to the other we are the savour of
431. oldal - all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the Lord of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch. But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of Righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and
33. oldal - xlv. 22. When God should bring the seed of his church from the east, and gather them from the west, and would say to the north, Give up, and to the south, Keep not back. Bring my sons from far and my daughters from the ends of the earth. Isaiah xliii. 6,
353. oldal - became the capital city. Ezek. xxx. 13. Wells' Sacred Geography, p. 8, 9, and p. 49, 50.  Psalm Ixxxiv. 3. " Yea, the sparrow hath found an house, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may lay her young, even thine altars." The expletive even, which is not in
490. oldal - Many, O Lord my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts, which are to us ward ; they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee; if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered. Sacrifice and offering thou
390. oldal - remember the way which the Lord thy God led thee these forty years in the wilderness to humble thee, and to prove thee, and to know what was in thine heart, whether thou wouldest keep his commandments or no, and he humbled thee," &c. And ver. 16. "Who led thee through that great and terrible wilderness,