Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
affection appeared arms beautiful Begum better called carried character close continued course court cried dark dear deep earth entered exclaimed eyes face fair father fear feeling followed girl give hand happy head heard heart honour hope hour human improvements interest Italy king lady land leave less light living look Lord manner March matter means mind months morning mountain nature never night object once passed perhaps person pleasure poor present Rajah received replied respect rest road rock round scene seemed seen side smile soul sound spirit stand steps Street tell thee thing thou thought tion took true truth turned voice whole wind young
115. oldal - PRACTICAL MERCANTILE CORRESPONDENCE. A Collection of Modern Letters of Business, with Notes, Critical and Explanatory, and an Appendix, containing a Dictionary of Commercial Technicalities, pro forma Invoices, Account Sales, Bills of Lading, and Bills of Exchange ; also an Explanation of the German Chain Rule.
80. oldal - ... when such a man would speak, his words, like so many nimble and airy servitors, trip about him at command, and in well ordered files, as he would wish, fall aptly into their own places.
54. oldal - Ah me! for aught that ever I could read. Could ever hear by tale or history, The course of true love never did run smooth: But, either it was different in blood; Her.
254. oldal - twas, but it express'd her fortune, And she died singing it : that song to-night Will not go from my mind ; I have much to do, But to go hang my head all at one side, And sing it like poor Barbara.
320. oldal - The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her. She will do him good, and not evil, all the days of her life.
7. oldal - that the Christian religion should become universal amongst us. I look at the wisdom of these worshippers of Jehovah, and see how superior they are to us in every respect. Their ships are like floating houses, so that they can traverse the tempest-driven ocean for months with perfect safety...
318. oldal - There is none to guide her among all the sons whom she hath brought forth; neither is there any that taketh her by the hand of all the sons that she hath brought up.
101. oldal - On these thy spirit loved to dwell Untainted by the world's control. My brother, those were happy days When thou and I were children yet ; How fondly memory still surveys Those scenes the heart can ne'er forget...
319. oldal - I never addressed myself in the language of decency and friendship to a woman, whether civilized or savage, without receiving a decent and friendly answer. With man it has often been otherwise. In wandering over the barren plains of inhospitable Denmark, through honest Sweden, frozen Lapland, rude and...