Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
admitted Apostles appear appointed Archdeacon argument Athanasian Creed attended authority baptism Bible blessed Brasenose college called Calvinistic charity chorepiscopi Christ Christ church Christian Church of England Clergy Committee death declared Deists discourse divine doctrine duty ecclesiastical established evil faith Father favour God's Gospel grace hath Holy Homilies honour hope instruction Jesus Jesus college John John's justified king labour late Liturgy living Lord Bishop means ment mind minister nation nature object observed opinion parish persons poor prayer preached preacher present priest principles Queen's college racter reason received rector religion religious Remembrancer respect salvation Saviour Scripture Sermon shew sion Society Socinian soul spirit Sunday ther things tion tism Trinity Trinity college truth unto vicar Wesley whole word worship
558. oldal - But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a peculiar people...
498. oldal - In the evening I went very unwillingly to a society in Aldersgate Street, where one was reading Luther's preface to the Epistle to the Romans. About a quarter before nine, while he was describing the change which God works in the heart through faith in Christ, I felt my heart strangely warmed.
485. oldal - If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, and one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled ; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?
200. oldal - When he arose, he took the young child' and his mother by night, and departed into Egypt : And was there until the death of Herod, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt have I called my son.
28. oldal - ... to display their abilities? What wonderful productions of wit should we be deprived of, from those whose genius by continual practice hath been wholly turned upon raillery and invectives against religion, and would therefore never be able to shine or distinguish themselves upon any other subject. We are daily complaining of the great decline of wit among us, and would we take away the greatest, perhaps the only topic we have left?
604. oldal - The condition of Man after the fall of Adam is such, that he cannot turn and prepare himself, by his own natural strength and good works, to faith, and calling upon God. Wherefore we have no power to do good works pleasant and acceptable to God, without the grace of God by Christ preventing us, that we may have a good will, and working with us, when we have that good will.
603. oldal - For from the rising of the sun even unto the going down of the same, my name shall be great among the gentiles, and in every place incense shall be offered unto my name, and a pure offering: for my name shall be great among the heathen, saith the Lord of hosts.
317. oldal - And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding.
485. oldal - Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.