An abstract of the historical part of the Old Testament [by E. Harley]. by E. Harley. To which are added, Observations of the bishop of Sodor and Man thereupon. Also a map of the travels of the children of Israel. ii. An essay for composing a harmony between the Psalms and the New Testament. iii. The harmony of the four Gospels, 2. kötet
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according alfo Angels becauſe behold believe Bleffed Body bring caft called Chap Children Chrift cometh Commandments Dead Death deliver Devil Divine doth Earth ETERNAL EVIL Eyes Face faid unto faith fame Father fear feek fent fhall fhew fhould fing Fire fome fuch give given Glory GRACE Hand hath hear heard Heart Heaven himſelf holy HOPE Ifrael INIQUITY Jefus John judge Judgment keep King Kingdom Light live Lord Love Matt Mercy Mind Mouth Name PEACE Pfalm Place Power praife Praiſe PRAY PRAYER Prophets receive rejoice Riches RIGHTEOUS Salvation Saviour Scripture Servant ſhall Sins Soul Spirit Strength thefe theſe thine Things thofe thou art Thoughts Throne Truth turn unto the Lord unto thee Voice walk Water Wicked wilt World ye fhall
350. oldal - Him, Concerning Jesus of Nazareth, Which was a Prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people : and how the chief priests and our rulers delivered Him to be condemned to death, and have crucified Him. But we trusted that it had been He Which should have redeemed Israel : and beside all this, to-day is the third day since these things were done.
361. oldal - But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and knew not until the flood came, and took them all away ; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
351. oldal - Then opened h'e their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures ; and said unto them ; Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day, and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
lxxxi. oldal - Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance...
lxxxi. oldal - When Jesus saw that the people came running together, he rebuked the foul spirit, saying unto him, Thou dumb and deaf spirit, I charge thee, come out of him, and enter no more into him.
lxxxi. oldal - Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth. 32 Since the world began was it not heard that any man opened the eyes of one that was born blind. 33 If this man were not of God, he could do nothing.
399. oldal - And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead.
210. oldal - Now when the Pharisee which had bidden him saw it, he spake within himself, saying, This man, if he were a prophet, would have known who and what manner of woman this is that toucheth him: for she is a sinner.