« ElőzőTovább »
14. For as many as are led by the SPIRIT of GOD, they are the Sons of God.
Chap. x. 1. Brethren, my Heart's Defire and Prayer to GoD for Ifrael is, that they might be SAVED.
2. For I bear them record, that they have a ZEAL of God, but not according to Knowledge.
3. For they being ignorant of God's RIGHTEOUSNESS, and ing about to establish their own RIGHTEOUSNESS, have not fubmitted themselves to the Righteousness of God.
Chap. xii. 1. I befeech you therefore, Brethren, by the MERCIES of GOD, that ye present your Bodies a LIVING SACRIFICE, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable Service.
2. And be not conformed to this World, but be ye transformed by the RENEWING of your MIND, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect WILL of GOD.
Phil. iii. 8. I count all Things but Lofs, for the Excellency of the Knowledge of Chrift Jefus my Lord: for whom I have fuffered the Lofs of all Things, and do count them but Dung that I may win Chrift,
9. And be found in him, not having mine own. RIGHTEOUSNESS, which is of the Law, but that which is through the FAITH of Chrift, the RIGHTEOUSNESS which is of God by Faith.
2 Tim. iii. 5. Having a Form of GODLINESS, but denying the Power thereof: From fuch turn away.
8. Now as Jannes and Fambres withstood Mofes, .fo do these alfo refift the Truth: Men of corrupt Minds, reprobate concerning the FAITH.
Titus i. 16. They profefs that they KNOW GOD; but in Works they DENY him, being abominable and disobedient, and unto every good Work reprobate.
21. Ye have heard, that it was faid by them of old Time, Thou shalt not KILL: and whofoever fhall KILL, fhall be in Danger of the JUDGMENT.
22. But I fay unto you, That whofoever is angry with his Brother without a Caufe, fhall be in danger of the JUDGMENT: and whofoever fhall fay to his Brother, Raca, fhall be in danger of the COUNCIL: but whofoever fhall fay, Thou Fool, fhall be in danger of HELL FIRE.
23. Therefore if thou bring thy Gift to the Altar, and there remembreft that thy Brother hath ought against thee; 24. Leave there thy Gift before the Altar, and go thy way, first be reconciled to thy Brother, and then come and offer thy Gift.
25. Agree with thine Adverfary quickly, whiles thou art in the Way with him: left at any time the Adversary
deliver thee to the Judge, and the Judge deliver thee to the Officer, and thou be caft into Prifon.
26. Verily I fay unto thee, thou fhalt by no means come out thence, till thou haft paid the uttermoft Farthing (0).
(0) Exod. xxi. 12. He that fmiteth a Man fo that he DIE, fhall be furely put to Death.
Prov. vi. 16. These fix Things doth the Lord hate; yea, seven are an Abomination to him:
17. A proud Look, a lying Tongue, and Hands that shed INNOCENT BLOOD,
18. An Heart that devifeth wicked Imaginations, Feet that be fwift in running to Mischief,
19. A falfe Witness that speaketh Lyes, and him that foweth Discord among Brethren.
Hof. iv. 2. By SWEARING, and LYING, and KILLING, and STEALING, and committing ADULTERY, they break out, and Blood toucheth Blood.
3. Therefore fhall the Land mourn, and every one that dwelleth therein fhall languish.
Ephef. iv. 31. Let all BITTERNESS, and WRATH, and ANGER, and CLAMOUR, and EVIL-SPEAKING, be put away from you, with all MALICE.
32. And be ye kind one to another, tender-hearted, FORGIVING one another, even as God for Christ's fake hath FORGIVEN you.
Titus iii. 3. For we our felves also were fometimes foolish, difobedient, deceived, ferving divers Lufts and Pleafures, living in MALICE and ENVY, hateful, and hating one another.
James iv. 11. Speak not EVIL one of another, Brethren. He that fpeaketh Evil of his Brother, and judgeth his Brother, fpeaketh Evil of the Law, and judgeth the Law: but if thou judge the Law, thou art not a Doer of the Law, but a Judge.
12. There is one LAWGIVER, who is able to fave, and to deftroy Who art thou that JUDGEST another?
i Pet. ii. 1. Wherefore laying afide all MALICE, and all Guile, and Hypocrifies, and ENVIES, and all EVIL-SPEAKINGS,
2. As new-born Babes defire the fincere Milk of the Word, that ye may grow thereby.
1 John iii. 15. Whofoever hateth his Brother is a MURDERER: and ye know that no Murderer hath ETERNAL LIFE abiding in
Chap. v. 19. And we know that we are of GoD, and the whole World lieth in Wickednefs.
27. Ye have heard that it was faid by them of old Time, Thou shalt not COMMIT ADUDTERY.
28. But I fay unto you, That whofoever looketh on a Woman
Woman to luft after her, hath committed ADULTERY. with her already in his (p) Heart *.
(p) Matt. xv. 19. For out of the Heart proceed EVIL Thoughts, MURDERS, ADULTERIES, FORNICATIONS, THEFTS, FALSE WITNESS, BLASPHEMIES:
20. These are the Things which defile a Man.
Rom. xiii. 13. Let us walk honeftly as in the Day, not in RIOTING and DRUNKENNESS, not in CHAMBERING and WANTONNESS, not in STRIFE and ENVYING.
14. But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not Provifion for the Flesh, to FULFIL the LUSTS thereof.
1 Cor. vi. 9. Know ye not that the Unrighteous fhall not inherit the Kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither FORNICATORS, nor IDOLATERS, nor ADULTERERS, nor Effeminate, nor Abufers of themselves with Mankind,
10. Nor THIEVES, nor COVETOUS, nor Drunkards, nor Revilers, nor Extortioners, fhall inherit the Kingdom of God.
18. Flee FORNICATION: he that committeth Fornication, finneth against his own Body.
Ephef. v. 3. But FORNICATION, and all Uncleannefs or Covetoufnefs, let it not be once named among you, as becometh Saints.
5. For this ye know, that no WHOREMONGER, nor unclean Perfon, nor covetous Man who is an IDOLATER, hath any Inheritance in the Kingdom of Chrift, and of Gon.
6. Let no Man deceive you with vain Words: for because of thefe Things cometh the Wrath of God upon the Children of Difobedience.
1 Theff. iv. 3. This is the Will of God, even your SANCTIFICATION, that ye fhould abftain from FORNICATION.
4. That every one of you should know how to poffefs his Veffel in Sanctification and Honour;
5. Not in the Luft of Concupifcence, even as the Gentiles which know not God.
7. God hath not called us unto UNCLEANNESS, but unto Ho
Heb. xiii. 4. WHOREMONGERS and ADULTERERS God will judge.
Col. iii. 18. Put filthy COMMUNICATION out of your Mouth. Rev. xxii. 15. Without are Dogs, and Sorcerers, and WHOREMONGERS, and MURDERERS, and IDOLATERS, and whosoever loveth and maketh a Lye.
See the Story of Jofeph's being tempted by his Mistress, Gon, xxxix. 7. and the References thereto.
29. And (9) if thy right Eye offend thee, pluck it out, and caft it from thee: for it is profitable for thee, that one of thy Members fhould PERISH, and not that thy whole Body fhould be cast into HELL,
30. And if thy right Hand offend thee, cut it off, and caft it from thee, for it is profitable for thee that one of thy Members fhould PERISH, and not that thy whole Body fhould be caft into HELL.
(9) Rom. viii. 13. For if ye live after the Flesh, ye fhall die: but if ye through the Spirit do MORTIFY the Deeds of the Body, ye fhall live.
Cor. ix. 26. I therefore fo run, not as uncertainly: fo FIGHT I, not as one that beateth the Air:
27. But I keep under iny BODY, and bring it into SUBJEC
Col. iii. 5. MORTIFY therefore your Members which are upon the Earth Fornication, Uncleannefs, inordinate Affection, evil Concupifcence, and Covetoufnefs, which is IDOLATRY:
6. For which Things fake the Wrath of God cometh upon the Children of Disobedience.
James i. 13. Let no Man fay when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for Goe cannot be tempted with Evil, neither tempteth any Man.
14. But every Man is tempted when he is drawn away of his own Luft, and enticed.
15. Then when LUST hath conceived, it bringeth forth SIN: and SIN, when it is finifhed, bringeth forth DEATH.
2 Pet. ii. 9. The Lord knoweth how to deliver the GODLY out of TEMPTATIONS, and to reserve the UNJUST unto the Day of JUDGMENT to be punished:
10. But chiefly them that walk after the Flesh, in the Lust of Uncleanness, and defpife Government: prefumptuous are they, felf-willed, they are not afraid to speak Evil of Dignities.
31. It (r) hath been faid, Whofoever fhall put away bis Wife, let him give her a Writing of Divorcement :
32. But I fay unto you, That whofoever fhall put away his Wife, fave for the Caufe of Fornication, causeth her to COMMIT ADULTERY: and whofoever shall marry her that is divorced, COMMITTETH ADULTERY.
(r) Mal. ii. 13. And this have ye done again, covering the Altar of the Lord with Tears, with weeping, and with crying out, infomuch that he regardeth not the OFFERING any more, or receiveth it with Good-will at your Hand:
14. Yet ye fay, Wherefore? Because the Lord hath been witnefs between thee and the WIFE of thy Youth, against whom thou haft dealt treacherously: yet is the thy COMPANION, and the Wife of thy Covenant.
15. And did not he make one? Yet had he the Refidue of the Spirit: And wherefore one? That he might feek a godly Seed: Therefore take heed to your Spirit, and let none deal treacheroufly against the Wife of his Youth:
16. For the Lord the God of Ifrael faith, that he hateth putting away for one covereth Violence with his Garment, faith the Lord of Hofts: therefore take heed to your Spirit, that you deal not treacherously.
Col. iii. 18. WIVES, fubmit your felves unto your own HusBANDS, as it is fit in the Lord.
19. Husbands, love your Wives, and be not bitter against them.
33. Ye(s) have heard that it hath been faid by them of old Time, Thou shalt not FOR SWEAR thy felf, but fhalt perform unto the Lord thine Oaths.
34. But I fay unto you, SWEAR not at all; neither by HEAVEN, for it is GOD'S THRONE:
35. Nor by the EARTH, for it is his Footstool: neither by Ferufalem, for it is the City of the great King.
36. Neither fhalt thou fwear by thy Head, because thou canft not make one Hair white or black.
37. But let your COMMUNICATION be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay For whatsoever is more than thefe, cometh of EVIL.
(5) Jer. xxiii. 10. Becaufe of SWEARING, the Land mourneth. Zech. viii. 16. These are the Things that ye fhall do, SPEAK ye every Man the TRUTH to his Neighbour; execute the Judgment of Truth and Peace in your Gates.
17. And let none of you imagine Evil in your Hearts against his Neighbour, and love no FALSE OATH: For all thefe are Things that I HATE, faith the Lord.
James v. 12. Above all Things, my Brethren, SWEAR not, neither by Heaven, neither by the Earth, neither by any other OATH: but let your yea, be yea, and your nay, nay; left ye fall into CONDEMNATION.
38. Ye have heard that it hath been faid, An EYE for an EYE, and a TooтH for a Тоoтн.
39. But I fay unto you, That ye RESIST not Evil: but whofoever fhall fmite thee on the right Cheek, turn to him the other alfo.