« ElőzőTovább »
Rev. ii. 5. Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and REPENT, and do the fire Works; or elfe I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy Candlestick out of his Place, except thou REPENT.
Chap. iii. 19. As many as I love, I rebuke and chaften: be zealous therefore, and REPENT.
IL Of FAITH, its Nature and Effects.
Mark xi. 24. Therefore I fay unto you, What Things foever ye defire, when ye pray, BELIEVE that ye receive them, and ye fhall have them.
Chap. ix. 23. Jefus faid unto him, If thou canst BELIEVE, all Things are poffible to him that believeth.
Chap. xvi. 16. He that BELIEVETH and is baptized, fhall be faved: but he that BELIEVETH not, fhall be damned.
John i. 12. As many as received him, to them gave he Power to become the Sons of God, even to them that BELIEVE on his Name.
Chap. iii. 14. As Mofes lifted up the Serpent in the Wilderness, even fo muft the Son of Man be lifted up:
15. That whofoever BELIEVETH in him, should not perish, but have eternal Life.
16. For GOD fo loved the World, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whofoever BELIEVETH in him, should not perish, but have everlasting Life.
17. For GOD fent not his Son into the World to condemn the World; but that the World through him might be faved.
18. He that BELIEVETH on him, is not condemned: but he that believeth not, is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the Name of the only begotten Son of GOD. Chap. vi. 29. Jefus faid unto them, This is the Work of God, that ye BELIEVE on him whom he hath fent. Chap. xi. 25. Jefus faid unto her, I am the Resurrection, and the Life: he that BELIEVETH in me, though he were dead, yet fhall he live;
26. And whofoever liveth, and BELIEVETH in me, fhall never die. Chap. xx. 29. Jefus faith unto Thomas, Because thou haft feen me, thou haft BELIEVED: Bleffed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.
31. Thefe Things are written, that ye might BELIEVE that Jefus is the Chrift, the Son of GOD, and that believing ye might have Life through his Name.
Chap. xiv. 1. Let not your Heart be troubled: ye believe in GOD, believe also in me.
Chap. xii. 46. I am come a Light into the World, that whofoever BELIEVETH on me, fhould not abide in Darkness.
Acts x. 43. To him give all the Prophets witness, that through his Name whofoever BELIEVETH in him, fhall receive REMISSION of SINS.
Chap. xx. 21. Teftifying both to the Jews, and alfo to the Greeks, Repentance towards GoD, and FAITH towards our Lord Jefus Chrift.
Rom. i. 16. For I am not afhamed of the Gospel of Christ: for it is the Power of God unto SALVATION, to every one that BELIEVETH, to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
Chap. iii. 21. But now the Righteousness of God without the LAW is manifefted, being witneffed by the Law and the Prophets; 22. Even the Righteoufnefs of GOD which is by FAITH of Jefus Chrift unto all, and upon all them that BELIEVE; for there is no difference:
23. For all have SINNED, and come short of the GLORY of God; 24. Being JUSTIFIED freely by his GRACE, through the Redemption that is in Jefus Chrift:
25. Whom God hath fet forth to be a PROPITIATION, through FAITH in his Blood, to declare his Righteousness for the Remiffion of SINS that are paft, through the Forbearance of God;
26. To declare, I fay, at this Time his Righteousness: that he might be JUST, and the Juftifier of him which BELIEVETH in Jesus. Chap. v. 1. Therefore being juftified by FAITH, we have Peace with God, through our Lord Jefus Chrift.
2. By whom alfo we have accefs by FAITH into this Grace wherein we ftand, and rejoice in Hope of the Glory of GoD.
Chap. x. 4. For Chrift is the END of the LAW for Righteoufnefs to every one that BELIEVETH.
5. For Mofes defcribeth the Righteousness which is of the Law, That the Man which doth thefe Things, fhall live by them.
6. But the Righteoufnefs which is of FAITH, fpeaketh on this wife, Say not in thine Heart, Who fhall afcend into Heaven? (that is, to bring Chrift down from above)
7. Or who fhall defcend into the Deep? (that is, to bring up Chrift again from the Dead)
8. But what faith it? The Word is nigh thee, even in thy Mouth, and in thy Heart: that is the Word of FAITH which we preach,
9. That if thou shalt confefs with thy Mouth the Lord Jefus, and fhalt BELIEVE in thine Heart, that God hath raised him from the Dead, thou shalt be faved ;
10. For with the Heart Man BELIEVETH unto Righteousness, and with the Mouth CONFESSION is made unto Salvation.
11. For the Scripture faith, Whofoever BELIEVETH on him, fhall not be ashamed.
2 Cor. v. 7. For we walk by FAITH, not by Sight. Gal. ii. 16. Knowing that a Man is not justified by the Works of the Law, but by the FAITH of Jefus Chrift, even we have
BELIEVED in Jefus Chrift: that we might be justified by the FAITH of Chrift; and not by the Works of the Law: for by the Works of the Law fhall no Flesh be juftified.
20. I am crucified with Chrift: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Chrift liveth in me: and the Life which I now live in the Flesh, I live by the FAITH of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
Ephef. ii. 8. For by Grace are ye faved, through FAITH; and that not of your felves it is the Gift of God.
Chap. iii. 17. That Chrift may dwell in your Hearts by FAITH; that ye may be rooted and grounded in Love.
Heb. iv. i. Let us therefore fear, left a Promise being left us of entring into his Reft, any of you should feem to come short of it.
2. For unto us was the Gofpel preached as well as unto them: but the Word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with FAITH in them that heard it.
9. There remaineth therefore a Reft to the People of God. 11. Let us labour therefore to enter into that Rest, left any Man fall under the famne Example of UNBELIEF.
Chap. vi. 18. That by two immutable Things, in which it was impoffible for GOD to lye, we might have a strong Confolation, who have fled for Refuge to lay hold upon the Hope fet be
fore us :
19. Which HOPE we have as an Anchor of the Soul, both fure and ftedfaft, and which entreth into that within the Vail.
Chap. x. 38. Now the Juft fhall live by FAITH: but if any Man draw back, my Soul fhall have no Pleasure in him.
39. But we are not of them who draw back unto Perdition; but of them that BELIEVE, to the Saving of the Soul.
Chap. xi. 1. Now FAITH is the Subftance of Things hoped for, the Evidence of Things not seen.
2. For by it the Elders obtained a good Report.
6. But without FAITH it is impoffible to please him: for he that cometh to GOD, muft BELIEVE that he is; and that he is a Rewarder of them that diligently feek him.
James ii. 14. What doth it profit, my Brethren, though a Man fay he have FAITH, and have not Works? Can FAITH fave him?
17. Even fo FAITH, if it hath not Works, is dead being alone. 18. Yea, a Man may fay, Thou haft FAITH, and I have Works: fhew me thy FAITH without thy Works, and I will fhew thee my FAITH by my Works.
19. Thou BELIEVEST that there is one God, thou doft well: the Devils alfo believe, and tremble.
20. But wilt thou know, O vain Man, that FAITH without Works is dead?
21. Was not Abraham our Father juftified by WORKS, when he had offered Ifaac his Son upon the Altar ?
22. Seeft thou how FAITH wrought with his Works, and by WORKS was FAITH made perfect?
26. For as the Body without the Spirit is dead, fo FAITH without WORKS is dead alfo.
1 Pet. i. 5. Who are kept by the Power of God through FAITH unto SALVATION, ready to be revealed in the laft Time.
6. Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a Seafon (if need be) ye are in heavinefs, through manifold TEMPTATIONS:
7. That the Trial of your FAITH being much more precious than of Gold that perifheth, though it be tried with Fire, might be found unto PRAISE, and HONOUR, and GLORY, at the Appearing of Jefus Chrift:
8. Whom having not feen, ye love; in whom though now ye fee him not, yet BELIEVING, ye rejoice with Joy unspeakable, and full of GLORY:
9. Receiving the END of your FAITH, even the SALVATION of your Souls.
1 John iii. 21. Beloved, if our Heart condemn us not, then have we CONFIDENCE towards God.
22. And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his Commandments, and do thofe Things that are pleafing in his Sight.
23. And this is his Commandment, that we fhould believe on the Name of his Son Jefus Chrift, and love one another, as he gave us Commandment.
1 John v. 1. Whofoever BELIEVETH that Jefus is the Chrift, is born of GoD: and every one that loveth him that begat, loveth him also that is begotten of him.
4. For whatsoever is born of GoD, overcometh the World: and this is the VICTORY that overcometh the World, even our FAITH.
5. Who is he that overcometh the World, but he that BELIEV ETH that Jefus is the Son of God?
20. And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an Understanding, that we may KNOW him that is true.
CHRIST'S SERMON on the Mount.
Wherein is expreffed
The BLESSEDNESS of
1. The poor and bumble in Spirit. 2. Thofe that mourn for their Sins. 3. The Meek.
4. Thofe that bunger and thirst after Righteousness. 5. Thofe that are Merciful.
6. The Pure in Heart.
7. The Peace-makers.
8. Thofe that are perfecuted for Righteoufnefs fake.
ND he came down with them, and stood in the Plain, and the Company of his Difciples, and a great Multitude of People out of all fudea, and Jerufalem, and from the Sea Coast of Tyre and Sidon, which came to hear him, and to be healed of their Diseases;
18. And they that were vexed with unclean Spirits: and they were healed.
19. And the whole Multitude fought to touch him: for there went Virtue out of him, and healed them all. Matt. v. 1. And seeing the Multitudes, he went up into a Mountain: and when he was fet, his Disciples came unto him.
2. And he opened his Mouth, and taught them, faying,