Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
a-doing ain't asked Bible Billy Spang blood Bramble Cottage brother CHAPTER Children's Friend Christ cloth Crown 8vo Crusher dark dear door Dutch Sammy Edition exclaimed face faith Father Firm Fcap feel field fire friends George Mogridge gilt Gospel Gully hand head heart heaven Hollis hour Hymns Illustrated Series inquired Jesus Jim's labour lips Little K Lizzy look Lord Low Toby ma'am Margaret Master mercy Middle Lane mind Miss Emily morning Mount navvy never night old Peter old Thomas once Packets pale moonlight passed Pets poor Jim Power pray prayer PRINCESS OF WALES public house quiet reached Red Lion replied Jim road round Sarah Bradley scene seemed sinners soul spirit spot stood thee Thou thought to-night tracts turned twink village voice Water ahead wind words writer young
110. oldal - All that we see or seem Is but a dream within a dream. I stand amid the roar Of a surf-tormented shore, And I hold within my hand Grains of the golden sand — How few ! yet how they creep Through my fingers to the deep, While I weep — while I weep ! O God ! can I not grasp Them with a tighter clasp ? O God ! can I not save] One from the pitiless wave ? Is all that we see or seem But a dream within a dream ? DREAMLAND.
28. oldal - He made darkness his secret place ; his pavilion round about him were dark waters and thick clouds of the skies.
1. oldal - Love is indestructible ; Its holy flame for ever burneth, From heaven it came, to heaven returneth ; Too oft on earth a troubled guest, At times deceived, at times opprest, It here is tried and purified, Then hath in heaven its perfect rest ; It soweth here with toil and care, But the harvest-time of Love is there.
82. oldal - I see before me the gladiator lie : He leans upon his hand ; his manly brow Consents to death, but conquers agony, And his drooped head sinks gradually low ; And through his side the last drops, ebbing slow From the red gash, fall heavy, one by one, Like the first of a thunder-shower ; and now The arena swims around him ; he is gone, Ere ceased the inhuman shout which...
128. oldal - I'm constrained to be ! Let that grace, Lord, like a fetter, Bind my wandering heart to Thee : Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it ; Prone to leave the God I love ; Here's my heart, oh take and seal it, Seal it from Thy courts above.
22. oldal - Oh that my head were waters, and mine eyes a fountain of tears, that I might weep day and night for the slain of the daughter of my people...
38. oldal - Look upon Zion, the city of our solemnities: thine eyes shall see Jerusalem a quiet habitation, a tabernacle that shall not be taken down; not one of the stakes thereof shall ever be removed, neither shall any of the cords thereof be broken. But there the glorious Lord will be unto us a place of broad rivers and streams; wherein shall go no 'galley with oars, neither shall gallant ship pass thereby.
55. oldal - All you that in the condemned hold do lie, Prepare you, for to-morrow you shall die ; Watch all, and pray, the hour is drawing near That you before the Almighty must appear ; Examine well yourselves, in time repent, That you may not to eternal flames be sent. And when St. Sepulchre's bell to-morrow tolls, The Lord above have mercy on your souls. Past twelve o'clock...