Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according atque authority believe blood body called cause Christian Christum Church commandment concerning Confession conscience death Deum Deus Dieu divine doctrine Dominus doth duty edition elect enim esse eternal etiam evil faith Father fide Ghost give given glory God's gospel grace gratia hath heart heaven holy human Jean Jesus Christ John judge justified living Lord Lord's Luke means ment nature nobis obedience omnes omnibus persons promise quae quod receive righteousness Sacraments saints salvation saved Scripture sins Spirit sunt Supper tamen teach things tion true truth unto viii worship xvii xviii Εί ΙΙ ΙΙΙ ΟΕ ΤΗΕ φιμα
768. oldal - Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith ; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates ? 6 But I trust that ye shall know that we are not reprobates.
698. oldal - X. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife, nor his man-servant, nor his maid-servant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbor's.
516. oldal - God's Commandments. Tell me how many there are ? Answer. Ten. Question. Which are they ? Answer. THE same which God spake in the twentieth Chapter of Exodus, saying, I am the LORD thy God, who brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
807. oldal - Transubstantiation (or the change of the substance of Bread and Wine) in the Supper of the Lord, cannot be proved by Holy Writ; but is repugnant to the plain words of Scripture, overthroweth the nature of a Sacrament, and hath given occasion to many superstitions.
500. oldal - SACRAMENTS ordained of Christ be not only badges or tokens of Christian men's profession; but rather they be certain sure witnesses, and effectual signs of grace, and God's goo'd will towards us, by the which he doth work invisibly in us, and doth not only quicken, but also strengthen and confirm our faith in him.
538. oldal - The Old Testament is not contrary to the New ; for both in the Old and New Testament everlasting life is offered to mankind by CHRIST, who is the only mediator between GOD and man, being both GOD and man. Wherefore they are not to be heard, which feign, that the old fathers did look only for transitory promises.
806. oldal - THE visible Church of Christ is a congregation of faithful men, in the which the pure Word of God is preached, and the Sacraments be duly ministered according to Christ's ordinance, in all those things that of necessity are requisite to the same.
503. oldal - Christian men are discerned from others that be not christened, but it is also a sign of regeneration or new birth, whereby, as by an instrument, they that receive baptism rightly are grafted into the Church ; the promises of the forgiveness of sin, and of our adoption to be the sons of God by the Holy Ghost, are visibly signed and sealed; faith is confirmed, and grace increased by virtue of prayer unto God. The baptism of young children is in any wise to be retained in the Church, as most agreeable...
697. oldal - Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labor, and do all thy work: but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates...