Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Sermons Preached Chiefly at the Chapel Royal, St. James's (1839)
Arthur Philip Perceval
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2009
according afford Apostle attend Bishop blessing body bring called cause charity Christian Church concerning conduct conscience consider consideration danger desire duty earth effect endeavour evil eyes fail faith Father fear followers gift give given glory God's grace hand happiness hath hear heart heathen heaven Holy honour hope human individual Jesus Christ John judgments kind king kingdom knowledge laws lead light live look Lord matter means mind ministers nature neglect observe ourselves Paul peace persons principle punishment reason receive regard religion remember repentance rule sake salvation Saviour seek sent servants serve sins soul speak Spirit station suffer surely teach thankfulness thee things thou thought tion true truth turn unto voice whole wisdom wrath
217. oldal - Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you : and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake." "And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
275. oldal - Go and wash in Jordan seven times, and thy flesh shall come again to thee, and thou shalt be clean. But Naaman was wroth, and went away, and said, Behold, I thought, He will surely come out to me, and stand, and call on the name of the LORD his God, and strike his hand over the place, and recover the leper.
xi. oldal - For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass, " for he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.
223. oldal - Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous: 'not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.
328. oldal - When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. For I am the Lord thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour: I gave Egypt for thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee.
301. oldal - And, lo, thou art unto them as a very lovely song of one that hath a pleasant voice, and can play well on an instrument: for they hear thy words, but they do them not.
vi. oldal - The light of the body is the eye : therefore when thine eye is single, thy whole body also is full of light ; but when thine eye is evil, thy body also is full of darkness. 35 Take heed therefore, that the light which is in thee be not darkness.
38. oldal - I said indeed that thy house, and the house of thy father, should walk before me for ever: but now the LORD saith, Be it far from me; for them that honour me I will honour, and they that despise me shall be lightly esteemed.
xi. oldal - Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.
x. oldal - So he turned and went away in a rage. And his servants came near, and spake unto him, and said, My father, if the prophet had bid thee do some great thing, wouldest thou not have done it? how much rather then, when he saith to thee, Wash, and be clean?