Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
advantage ancient answer Author bear become believe better Bishop blessings boards body bound break called careful carry character Christ christian Companion conscience constant death desire diligent direct divine dress earth edition employed eternal expect faith follow fruits gain give glory grace hands happiness hear heart heaven Holy Spirit hope Improvement instructions interest Jesus keep King knowledge learning leaves light live Lord lost maxims method mind MORAL necessary never obedience objection parents peace person piety pleasure pocket poor possessions Prayer progress proper proverb reason religion Repentance reserve rich scriptures Seek sets short sins solid sometimes soul speak spring stand Tempers things thoughts thousand tion treasure True truth valuable walk weight wicked wisdom wise young youth
61. oldal - Thus saith the Lord, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches : but let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth Me, that I am the Lord which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth : for in these things I delight, saith the Lord.
54. oldal - Whose adorning, let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel; but let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible ; even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of GOD of great price.
57. oldal - Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him ? But ye have despised the poor.
53. oldal - But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; even the righteousness of God, which is by faith of Jesus Christ, unto all, and upon all them that believe. For there is no difference...
34. oldal - And let my God, my Saviour, go ? 3 Call me away from flesh and sense : One sovereign word can draw me thence : I would obey the voice divine, And all inferior joys resign. 4 Be earth, with all her scenes, withdrawn ; Let noise and vanity be gone : In secret silence of the mind, My heaven, and there my God, I find.
4. oldal - Deliberate on all things with thy friend. But since friends grow not thick on every bough, Nor every friend unrotten at the core ; First, on thy friend, deliberate with thyself: Pause, ponder, sift ; not eager in the choice, Nor jealous of the chosen ; fixing, fix : Judge before friendship, then confide till death.
20. oldal - He that covereth his sins, shall not prosper : but he that confesseth and forsaketh them, shall .have mercy.
41. oldal - ... through the night, Like thunders on the wind. The vision of the tomb is past ; Beyond it who can tell In what mysterious region cast Immortal spirits dwell ? I know not, but I soon shall know When life's sore conflicts cease, When this desponding heart lies low, And I shall rest in peace. For see, on Death's bewildering wave, The rainbow Hope arise, A bridge of glory o'er the grave, That bends beyond the skies.
6. oldal - Words are like leaves; and where they most abound, Much fruit of sense beneath is rarely found.