Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
appeared army arrived assist attended authority Bengal body Bombay British Calcutta called Capt carried character chief China circumstances civil command Company Company's conduct consideration considered continued course court directed directors duty effect established feelings force four friends give given governor grant ground hand Hastings honour hope important India interest island John king lady land language late learned leave letter Lieut Lord Madras manner March Marquis means ment miles military mind native never noble object observed occasion officers opinion original passed period Persian person possession present proceeding proprietors question received resolution respect sent ship situation taken territory thing thought tion troops whole wished
429. oldal - The men of Nineveh shall rise in judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: because they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas is here.
111. oldal - All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not.
364. oldal - That the saying of Esaias the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spake, Lord, who hath believed our report? and to whom hath the arm of the Lord been revealed...
427. oldal - ... tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile ; but glory, honour, and peace to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile: for there is no respect of persons with God.
427. oldal - But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth: and some to honour, and some to dishonour. 21 If a man therefore, purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.
165. oldal - My Lords and Gentlemen, By virtue of his majesty's commission under the great seal, to us and other lords directed, and now read, we do, in his majesty's name, and in obedience to his commands, prorogue this parliament to Thursday the 22d day of August, next, to be then here holden ; and this parliament is accordingly prorogued to Thursday the 22d day of August next.
536. oldal - Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison. 26 Verily I say unto thee, Thou shalt by no means come out thence, till thou hast paid the uttermost farthing.
471. oldal - But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.