Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
affections angels apostle appear attention become believe blessed bring called character Christ christian church comfort consider conversation death delight desire devotion direct disciples discourse divine duty earth event evil example excellent expressed eyes faith Father fear feel friends fruits give given glory gospel grace habits hand happy hath head hear heart heaven heavenly holy hope human important improve influence instruction interest Jesus kind kingdom knowledge light live look Lord manner means mind nature neglect never object observe occasion parents peace perfect persons Peter piety praise prayer preaching present principle prophet Providence reason receive regard religion religious remark render repentance respect sacred salvation scriptures seems seen soul speak spirit things thou thought tion true truth unto virtue
xxvi. oldal - But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers...
233. oldal - Thine, O Lord, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty: for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O Lord, and thou art exalted as head above all.
180. oldal - Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath : for it is written, " Vengeance is mine ; I will repay, saith the Lord." Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.
45. oldal - By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive: for this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
219. oldal - Lord to prepare his ways ; to give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins, through the tender mercy of our God ; whereby the dayspring from on high hath visited us, to give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.
183. oldal - Now unto Him that is able to keep us from falling, and. to present us faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy ; to the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever.
114. oldal - I am the LORD'S"; and another shall call himself by the name of Jacob; and another shall subscribe with his hand unto the LORD, and surname himself by the name of Israel.
lxiii. oldal - There stands the messenger of truth : there stands The legate of the skies ! — His theme divine, His office sacred, his credentials clear. By him the violated law speaks out Its thunders ; and by him, in strains as sweet As angels use, the Gospel whispers peace.
167. oldal - Solomon's porch ; and of the rest durst no man join himself to them. But the people magnified them ; and believers were the more added to the Lord, multitudes both of men and women ; insomuch that they brought forth the sick into the streets, and laid them on beds and couches, that at the least the shadow of Peter passing by might overshadow some of them.