Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
appears arms believe born British called Catalogue century Charles Church collection College common contains copy correspondents Court daughter death described died doubt early edition Edward England English evidence fact father France French George give given hand head Henry History illustrations interest issue Italy James John King known Lady late letters Library lines living London Lord March married Mary matter means mentioned Miss notice occurs Office original parish person poem portrait present printed printer probably published Queen query quoted readers records reference regard Register reply Richard Robert Royal says School Scott seems seen Society story Street suggest taken Thomas tion translation vols volume wife writes written
257. oldal - not meat ; if ever he came cold and naked, and he clothed him not. During the course of the last long and bloody war, Logan remained idle in his cabin, an advocate for peace. Such was my love for the whites that my countrymen pointed as they passed, and said :
169. oldal - Mahomet's miracle. Mahomet made the people believe that he would call an hill to him, and from the top of it offer up his prayers for the observers of his law. The people assembled ; Mahomet called the hill to come to him, again and again ; and when the hill stood still, he was never
401. oldal - Infinite seems the present rage— To be imprison'd in the viewless winds, And blown with restless violence about This pendant world. But unless these adventurers can acquire the power of steering their buoyant bark the experiment is as idle
166. oldal - it been his brother, Still better than another. Had it been his sister, No one would have missed her. Had it been the whole generation, Still better for the nation. But since 'tis only Fred, Who was alive, and is dead. There 's no more to
224. oldal - because it is necessary to look at the three next pictures at one view ; these are three sisters. She on the right hand who is so very beautiful, died a maid : the next to her, still handsomer, had the same fate, against her will ; this homely thing in the middle had both their portions added to her
246. oldal - The sun had long since, in the lap Of Thetis, taken out his nap, And like a lobster boil'd, the morn From black to red began to turn. It
202. oldal - [Thoresby] was afterwards detained at Stamford four days on account of the state of the roads, and then ventured to proceed only because fourteen members of the House of Commons, who were going up in a body to Parliament with guides and numerous attendants, took him into their
247. oldal - moss. Each shell, each crawling insect, holds a rank Important in the plan of Him who fram'd This scale of beings ; holds a rank which, lost, Would break the chain, and leave behind a gap Which Nature's self would rue.
441. oldal - at the same time at her request in her presence and in the presence of each other have hereunto subscribed our Names as Witnesses