Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
affection appear attend authority beauty become believe benevolence blessings character charity Christ Christian church comfort conduct creatures death Deity delight desire devotion divine doctrines duty enjoy enjoyment equally especially eternal evidence evil example excellent exercises expect expressed faith Father feel fellow final forgiveness friends give glorious glory gospel grace happiness heart heaven holy honour hope human implies important improve infinite influence interest Jesus kind knowledge leads light live Lord manner means mind moral nature necessary needful neighbour object obligation observe offended perfect performance person piety pious pleasure possess practice prayer present principle promote reason regard rejoice religion religious render respect sacred Scripture seek sense sincere soul spirit temper things thou tion true truth universal virtue whole wisdom wise worldly worship zeal
269. oldal - Furthermore, we have had fathers of our flesh, which corrected us, and we gave them reverence : shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live ? For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.
8. oldal - Christ ; and to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ...
140. oldal - Naaman was wroth, and went away, and said, Behold, I thought, He will surely come out to me, and stand, and call on the name of the Lord his God, and strike his hand over the place, and recover the leper.
247. oldal - This is a good man ; here is nothing for me;" but when his master came to the prayer of the publican, " God be merciful to me a sinner...
54. oldal - Nevertheless I am continually with thee: thou hast holden me by my right hand. Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory. Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire besides thee. My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.
79. oldal - For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. For now we see through a .glass, darkly ; but then face to face : now I know in part ; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
276. oldal - Although the fig-tree« shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be- in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the...
13. oldal - Ghost is serious, who striveth against the obstinacy of our hearts ; the Holy Scriptures bring to our ears the most serious things in the world ; the holy sacraments represent the most serious and awful matters ; the whole creation is serious in serving God and us ; all that are in heaven and hell are serious; — how then can you be gay ?" I pray you, my brethren, yield an immediate compliance.