Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Avoca awake bard battle of Clontarf beam beauty bless bless'd bliss bloom bosom bower brave breath bright brow bumper fair burning chain CHARLES DICKENS charm cherubs cloud cold CRYSTAL PALACE dark dear dearest death dream Erin Erin's Eveleen's eyes faded fame feel Fill the bumper flame fled flowers Freedom friends gems Glendalough gloomy glory glory's green harp hast heart heaven heroes hope hour Ireland Irish isle Jehovah Kilkenny Lesbia life's light live look'd looks Lord love thee Love's moon morning mourn ne'er never night Nora Creina numbers o'er once pleasure Red Branch reindeer remember roam rose round rove Saint Senanus shade Shamrock shed shine sigh sleep smile SONG BOOK Songster sorrow soul spirit star steal sweet sword tears thine thou art thought throne Tophet turn'd Twas tyrant UNIVERSAL SONG vestal waked warm wave weep where'er wild wing young youth
122. oldal - This world is all a fleeting show For man's illusion given ; The smiles of joy, the tears of woe, Deceitful shine, deceitful flow, — There's nothing true but Heaven...
121. oldal - God, the life and light Of all this wondrous world we, see ; Its glow by day, its smile by night, Are but reflections caught from thee; Where'er we turn, thy glories shine, And all things fair and bright are thine! When day, with farewell beam, delays Among the opening clouds of even, And we can almost think we gaze Through golden vistas into heaven, Those hues, that make the sun's decline So soft, so radiant, Lord!
133. oldal - Praise to the Conqueror, praise to the Lord, His word was our arrow, His breath was our sword! Who shall return to tell Egypt the story Of those she sent forth in the hour of her pride ? For the Lord hath looked out from His pillar of glory, And all her brave thousands are dashed in the tide. Sound the loud timbrel o'er Egypt's dark sea! Jehovah has triumphed ! His people are free ! Thomas Moore.
132. oldal - And Miriam the prophetess, the sister of Aaron, took a timbrel in her hand ; and all the women went out after her with timbrels and with dances. And Miriam answered them, Sing ye to the LORD, for he hath triumphed gloriously ; the horse and his rider hath he thrown into the sea.
17. oldal - THERE is not in the wide world a valley so sweet As that vale in whose bosom the bright waters meet ; Oh ! the last rays of feeling and life must depart, Ere the bloom of that valley shall fade from my heart.
135. oldal - ... and it came between the camp of the Egyptians and the camp of Israel; and it was a cloud and darkness to them, but it gave light by night to these: so that the one came not near the other all the night.
48. oldal - Music ! oh how faint, how weak, Language fades before thy spell ! Why should Feeling ever speak, When thou canst breathe her soul so well ? Friendship's balmy words may feign, Love's are ev'n more false than they ; Oh ! 'tis only Music's strain Can sweetly soothe, and not betray ! IT IS NOT THE TEAR AT THIS MOMENT SHED.
68. oldal - See They spring for me, Those leafy gems of morning ! ' Says Love, ' No no, For me they grow, My fragrant path adorning.