The sacred calendar of prophecy; or, A dissertation on the prophecies which treat of the grand period of seven times and especially of its second moiety, 1. kötet
C. & J. Rivington, 1828
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according ancient Antichrist Apostasy Apostle arrangement authority beast beginning Bishop chap character Christ Christian chronological Church close coming commencement completed comprehends conversion Daniel denotes described earth ecclesiastical employed equally event evident existence expiration express Fathers figurative follow foretold four Gentiles give given half hand head heaven Hence hieroglyphic immediately import interpretation Isaiah Italy Jews John judgment king kingdom language latter three lawless laws literal little horn Lord Luke marked mean mode moiety months natural occur Papacy Paul period person plainly political Power predicted present principle prophecy prophetic question reason reference removed represent respecting revealed rise Roman Empire saints sealed seven seventh spirit stand symbol synchronically temple term termination things third tion trumpet understand unto vial viii vision Western whole wild-beast
285. oldal - Thou sawest till that a stone was cut out without hands, which smote the image upon his feet that were of iron and clay, and brake them to pieces.
272. oldal - I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall ? God forbid : but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy. Now, if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness...
269. oldal - For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits ; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. And so all Israel shall be saved : as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob : For this is My covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins. As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes : but as touching the...
280. oldal - And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising. Lift up thine eyes round about, and see : all they gather themselves together, they come to thee : thy sons shall come from far, and thy daughters shall be nursed at thy side.
209. oldal - And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.
223. oldal - And the seventh angel sounded ; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.
202. oldal - And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh. 21 Then let them which are in Judea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto.* 22 For these be the days of vengeance, that all things, which are written may be fulfilled.
319. oldal - And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days. Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.
172. oldal - And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood : which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk: 21 Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts.