Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
16th century amongst animals antique arcade arches architecture artists Bacchus Bas-relief basin beautiful bronze building Bust Byzantine Cabinet Furniture cast Cathedral celebrated central centre century Church cloth colossal coloured columns commencing Crystal Palace Cupid decorations doorway Dress Eau de Cologne Edition Egyptian England English Engravings entrance erected examples Exhibition Fancy Faun Fcap feet figures fountains French frieze front garden Glass Gothic Greek Guineas Handbook Illustrations India India Rubber iron Italian Jean Goujon John King Ladies London Louvre manufacture Maps ments Messrs monument Music nave Niobid notice Nymph original ornament Owen Jones OXFORD STREET painted Parthenon Patent placed plants portion Portrait Gallery Railway REGENT STREET remarkable Roman Rome roof sculpture side South specimens Stamps Stationery Court statues STREET style Sydenham tablinum temple terrace transept variety various Venus visitor vols walls whilst WILLIAM
86. oldal - Moscow at the end of the 15th and the beginning of the 16th centuries; fortress monasteries; the town of Kola and its defensive structures (16th-18th centuries).
179. oldal - Mourning, are always kept made up ; and a note, descriptive of the relation of the parties to the deceased, will ensure at any time the proper supply of Mourning being forwarded, both as to quality and distinction, according to the exigencies of the case ; it being needful only to send dresses for patterns, when every requisite will be carefully prepared and chosen to render the appointments complete, JAY'S LONDON GENERAL MOURNING WAREHOUSE, Nos.
238. oldal - DECAY, and will be found very superior to any teeth ever before used. This method does not require the extraction of roots or any painful operation, and will give support to and preserve teeth that are loose, and is guaranteed to restore articulation and mastication.
187. oldal - Lives of the Queens of Scotland, and English Princesses connected with the Regal Succession of Great Britain. By AGNES STRICKLAND.
214. oldal - PERSONS of any age, however bad their writing, may, in EIGHT LESSONS, acquire permanently an elegant and flowing style of PENMANSHIP, adapted either to professional pursuits or private correspondence. ARITHMETIC on a method requiring only one-third the time usually requisite. BOOK-KEEPING by Double Entry, as practised in the Government, Banking, and Merchants
226. oldal - Surplus, about £120,000 was added to the sums assured under Policies for the whole term of Life. The lives assured are permitted, in time of peace, and not being engaged in mining or gold digging, to reside in any country, — or to pass by sea (not being sea-faring persons by profession) between any two parts of the same hemisphere — distant more than 33 degrees from the Equator, without extra charge.
90. oldal - ... during the early part of the 16th century. The next monument is that of Mary, Queen of Scots, from Westminster Abbey, executed in the beginning of the 17th century, and displaying in its treatment all the characteristics of the Elizabethan style. Here is the bust of Shakspeare from Stratford-on-Avon. The succeeding monument is that of Queen Elizabeth, also from Westminster, constructed at about the same period as that of Queen Mary; the original effigy is of white marble. The last monument is...
147. oldal - The cradle-work of horn beam in the garden is, for the perplexed twining of the trees, very observable. There is a parterre which they call Paradise, in which is a pretty banqueting-house set over a cave, or cellar. All these gardens might be exceedingly improved, as being too narrow for such a palace.
205. oldal - Dear Sir,— I was very glad to find from you, when I had the pleasure of seeing you in London, that you were interested commercially in Cod Liver Oil. It was fitting that the Author of the best analysis and investigations into the properties of this Oil should himself be the Purveyor of this important medicine. " I feel, however, some diffidence in venturing to fulfil your request by giving...
230. oldal - LIFE DEPARTMENT.— The important advantages offered by the plan and constitution of the Life Department of this Society are : That Insurers are protected by a large invested Capital, upon which, there is no Interest to pay, and for which no deduction of any kind is made ; which enables the Directors to give the whole of the Profits to insuring Members. That the Profits are divided annually amongst all Members of five years' standing, and applied towards reducing Life Insurance to the lowest possible...