A Vindication of Some of the Most Essential Doctrines of the Reformation: Being a Reply to Objections Raised Against These Doctrines in a Late Publication, Entitled: "The Errors of Hopkinsianism Detected and Refuted; in Six Letters, by Nathan Bangs ..." Addressed to the Author of the Present Work
Ashbel Stoddard, 1817 - 264 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
A Vindication of Some of the Most Essential Doctrines of the Reformation ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2015
according agency apostle appear argument believe bring called cause character Christ christian church command concerning considered consistent counsel covenant created creatures death decree dependent depravity designed determined divine doctrine earth effect election eternal evident evil exercises existence faith fall Father favor feel give given glory God's gospel grace hand hath heart heaven hold holy hope idea imperfection implies infinite interest Jesus knowledge Letters light live Lord manifest means meant mind ministers moral nature never object passage perfect persons present promises prove reader reason regeneration religion repentance respect saints salvation saved scripture seek selfish sense sentiment sermon sinful sinners soul speak Spirit suppose things thou thought tion true truth understand universal unto whole wicked witness
89. oldal - For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might show my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.
81. oldal - Hath not the potter power over the clay; of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour and another unto dishonour? What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction: and that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory, even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?
149. oldal - I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles...
182. oldal - Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.
151. oldal - Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong ; because he hath poured out his soul unto death : and he was numbered with the transgressors ; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.
54. oldal - And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required; and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.
68. oldal - Remember the word unto thy servant, upon which thou hast caused me to hope.
71. oldal - Isaac, (for the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of Him that calleth,) it was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger. As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
74. oldal - But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth: Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.