Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
action amount application appointed Approved assessment authorized ballot Basis Board of Supervisors bond cause certificate CHAPTER charge City and County Civil claims Clerk Code collected commission Commissioners Const constitute Controller copy corporation Court direct district dollars duties effect April effect March election examination execute expenses fees filed five four Fund give Governor held hold hundred issued July keep land Legislature less license manner meeting miles moneys month necessary notice oath owner paid payment person pilot preceding prescribed printed purchase received record Register remove Repealed residence respective returns road rules salary San Francisco San Quentin seat Secretary Senate statement Stats street SUBDIVISION Superintendent term thereof thousand tion Title Treasurer Trustees United vessel vote
701. oldal - A majority of each house shall constitute a quorum to do business; but a smaller number may adjourn from day to day, and may compel the attendance of absent members in such manner, and under such penalties, as each house may provide.
8. oldal - The following words, also, have in this code the signification attached to them in this section, unless otherwise apparent from the context: 1. The word "property" includes both real and personal property; 2. The words "real property" are co-extensive with lands, tenements, and hereditaments; 3.
3. oldal - The rule of the common law, that statutes in derogation thereof are to be strictly construed, has no application to this code. The code establishes the law of this state respecting the subjects to which it relates, and its provisions and all proceedings under it are to be liberally construed, with a view to effect its objects and to promote justice.
226. oldal - State which may take and claim the benefit of this act to the endowment, support, and maintenance of at least one college where the leading object shall be, without excluding other scientific and classical studies, and including military tactics, to teach such branches of learning as are related to agriculture and the mechanic arts...
6. oldal - Day," the twenty-fifth day of December, every day on which an election is held throughout the state, and every day appointed by the President of the United States or by the governor of this state for a public fast, thanksgiving or holiday.
9. oldal - No statute, law, or rule is continued in force because it is consistent with the provisions of this code on the same subject; but in all cases provided for by this code, all statutes, laws, and rules heretofore in force in this state, whether consistent or not with the provisions of this code, unless expressly continued in force by it, are repealed or abrogated.
7. oldal - Words giving a joint authority to three or more public officers or other persons, are construed as giving such authority to a majority of them, unless it is otherwise expressed in the act giving the authority; 18. When the seal of a court or public officer is required by law to be affixed to any paper, the word "seal...
365. oldal - Fifth, that no person in the public service is for that reason under any obligation to contribute to any political fund, or to render any political service, and that he will not be removed or otherwise prejudiced for refusing to do so.
62. oldal - Where a section or part of a statute is amended, it is not to be considered as having been repealed and reenacted in the amended form; but the portions which are not altered are tc be considered as having been the law from the time when they were enacted, and the new provisions are to be considered as having been enacted at the time of the amendment.
537. oldal - The franchise, roadway, road-bed, rails, and rolling stock of all railroads operated in more than one county in this State shall be assessed by the State Board of Equalization, at their actual value, and the same shall be apportioned to the counties, cities and counties, cities, towns, townships and districts...