Ecclesiastes Anglicanus: Being a Treatise on Preaching, as Adapted to a Church of England Congregation : in a Series of Letters to a Young Clergyman
J. G. F. & J. Rivington, 1840 - 387 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
able appear application argument attention authority avoid begin Bishop called character Christ Christian Church circumstances common composition congregation connected consider convince course death desire discourse discussion earnest effect excellence exordium expression eyes faith fall feelings force gained give God's Gospel hand hear hearers heart holy idea illustration important impression instance instruction interest keep language least less LETTER look Lord manner materials matter means mind mode nature necessary never object observe particular passage Paul perhaps persons plain practice preacher preaching present principal pulpit reason reference remarks require Rhetoric rule says Scripture sense sentence sermon sometimes sort soul speak speech spirit style suppose sure things thought tion tone topics truth turn voice whole wish write written
57. oldal - My doctrine shall drop as the rain, my speech shall distil as the dew, as the small rain upon the tender herb, and as the showers upon the grass : Because I will publish the name of the Lord: ascribe ye greatness unto our God.
158. oldal - For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, that he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man, that Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith...
78. oldal - That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us: For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
59. oldal - For I long to see you, that I may impart unto you some spiritual gift, to the end ye may be established ; 12 That is, that I may be comforted together with you by the mutual faith both of you and me.
82. oldal - Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father : there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust.
295. oldal - For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effeetually worketh also in you that believe.
225. oldal - And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the Prophets, neither will they be persuaded though one rose from the dead. Then said he unto the disciples, It is impossible but that offences will come : but woe unto him through whom they come ! It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.
116. oldal - Behold the fire and the wood : but where is the lamb for a burnt offering?