Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Acton Place Albemarle Street ancient appears Arthur Moore Bell Bishop Bond Street Booksellers BUMEN called Camera Catalogue Charles Church cloth collection College Collodion COLLODION PROCESS containing copy correspondent curious death died Ditto Dublin Edward England English Engravings father Fcap Fleet Street Foster Lane French GEORGE KNIGHT give given guineas Gutta Percha Henry History illustrated interesting iodide Ireland Irish Islington James John Junius King KNIGHT & SONS lady late letter literary London Lord Malta Marshal of France ment MESSRS Moore Notes and Queries notice original Oxford paper parish passage persons Photographic plate poem Pope Portraits Post 8vo Premium present printed published Queen readers reference Richard Robert Royal says Second Edition silver Society Thomas tion translation volume Wanted wife William word writing
349. oldal - Therefore also said the wisdom of God, I will send them prophets and apostles, and some of them they shall slay and persecute: that the blood of all the prophets, which was shed from the foundation of the world, may be required of this generation...
349. oldal - He found him in a desert land, and in the waste howling wilderness ; he led him about, he instructed him, he kept him as the apple of his eye. As an eagle stirreth up her nest, fluttereth over her young, spreadeth abroad her wings, taketh them, beareth them on her wings : So the LORD alone did lead him, and there was no strange god with him.
193. oldal - A baleful smile upon their baffled guest. Heard ye the din of battle bray,* Lance to lance, and horse to horse ? Long years of havoc urge their destined course, And through the kindred squadrons mow their way. Ye towers of Julius, London's lasting shame, With many a foul and midnight murder fed, Revere his consort's faith, his father's fame, And spare the meek usurper's holy head.
134. oldal - My son, fear thou the LORD and the king : and meddle not with them that are given to change...
28. oldal - On the Power, Wisdom, and Goodness of God, as manifested in the Creation ; illustrating such work by all reasonable arguments, as for instance the variety and formation of God's creatures in the animal, vegetable, and mineral kingdoms ; the effect of digestion, and thereby of conversion ; the construction of the hand of man, and an infinite variety of other arguments; as also by discoveries ancient and modern, in arts, sciences, and the whole extent of literature.
190. oldal - EPITAPH ON AN INFANT. ERE Sin could blight or Sorrow fade, Death came with friendly care ; The opening bud to Heaven conveyed And bade it blossom there.
25. oldal - The imperial palace, compass huge and high The structure, skill of noblest architects, With gilded battlements, conspicuous far, Turrets, and terraces, and glittering spires.
309. oldal - ... in respect of its former scarceness and dearness, it hath been only used as a regalia in high treatments and entertainments, and presents made thereof to princes and grandees till the year 1657.
289. oldal - LORD ! my best desires fulfil, And help me to resign Life, health and comfort to thy will, And make thy pleasure mine. 2 Why should I shrink at thy command, Whose love forbids my fears ? Or tremble at the gracious hand That wipes away my tears...