Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
A Few Thoughts on Church Subjects; Viz. Uniformity, Daily Service, Gown and ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2020
according adopted allowed alteration appear appointed authority Baptism Bishop body Book called Canon carry Cathedrals Christ Christian Church Clergy collection common Communion congregation consequence convenience custom daily distinction Divine doctrine dress duty effect entirely equally established exclusive fact faith feeling give given God's Gospel Gown habit hand hear heart holy kind land least letter Liturgy Lord Lord's matters means minister mode Morning nature never offering Offertory ornaments Parish person Pews poor practice Prayer Preacher Preaching present Price Priest principle psalm public worship question reason Reformation require respect rubric rule Sacraments Scriptures seats sense Sermon singing soul spirit standing Surplice Table temple things thou true truth uniformity universally unto urge whole worship
59. oldal - For if there come unto your assembly a man with a gold ring, in goodly apparel, and there come in also a poor man in vile raiment; and ye have respect to him that weareth the gay clothing, and say unto him, "Sit thou here in a good place;" and say to the poor, "Stand thou there, or sit here under my footstool:" are ye not then partial in yourselves, and are become judges of evil thoughts?
22. oldal - Above, when He said, Sacrifice and offering, and burnt-offerings, and offering for sin Thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein, which are offered by the law : then said He, Lo, I come to do Thy will, 0 God. He taketh away the first, that He may establish the second.
76. oldal - Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ, for the remission of sins : and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
21. oldal - Howbeit the Most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands ; as saith the prophet, Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool : what house will ye build me ? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest? Hath not my hand made all these things?
35. oldal - And here it is to be noted, that such Ornaments of the Church and of the Ministers thereof, at all Times of their Ministration, shall be retained, and be in use, as were in this Church of England, by the Authority of Parliament, in the Second Year of the Reign of King Edward the Sixth.
68. oldal - The prophet that hath a dream, let him tell a dream : and he that hath my word, let him speak my word faithfully. What is the chaff to the wheat? saith the Lord.
76. oldal - And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water : and the eunuch said, See, here is water ; what doth hinder me to be baptized ? And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
47. oldal - Sirs, why do ye these things ? We also are men of like passions with you, and preach unto you that ye should turn from these vanities unto the living God, which made heaven and earth, and the sea, and all things that are therein ; who in times past suffered all nations to walk in their own ways.
58. oldal - And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body ; is it therefore not of the body ? If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? if the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?
72. oldal - I charge thee therefore, before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing, and his kingdom ; preach the word, be instant in season, out of season, reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long-suffering and doctrine.