Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
appear arts authority become body called cause church civil claim common conduct consequence consider constitution contribute corruption court courtiers crown danger distinction effect England equal evil existence eyes false favor fear feel friends give hands happiness heart honest honor hope human human nature idea importance improvement increase independence influence interest James John justice keep king learning less liberty lives Lord mankind manners means ment merit mind minister nature never object once peace persons philosophy political poor possess present preserve pride principles privileges promote rank reason regard religion render riches selfish sense servile society spirit of despotism superior suppose thing tion titles true truth vanity views virtue whole wish
340. oldal - The Spirit of the Lord , is upon me, because He hath anointed me to preach the Gospel to the poor. He hath sent me to heal the broken-hearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovery of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, to preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
18. oldal - That the influence of the Crown has increased, is increasing, and ought to be diminished"?
345. oldal - And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, And the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness. The meek also shall increase their joy in the Lord , And the poor among men shall rejoice in the Holy One of Israel.
341. oldal - And all bare him witness, and wondered at the gracious words which proceeded out of his mouth.
230. oldal - It seems to me, that in order to maintain the moral system of the world at a certain point, far below that of ideal perfection, for we are made capable of conceiving what we are incapable of attaining; but, however, sufficient upon the whole to constitute a state easy and happy, or at the worst tolerable: I say, it seems to me...
341. oldal - ... the Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor ; he hath sent me to heal the broken-hearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, to preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
244. oldal - They are masters of the commonwealth ; because in substance they are themselves the commonwealth. The French Revolution, say they, was the act of the majority of the people; and if the majority of any other people, the people of England, for instance, wish to make the same change, they have the same right. Just the same undoubtedly. That is, none at all.
232. oldal - If they retire from the world, their splendour accompanies them, and enlightens even the obscurity of their retreat. If they take a part in public life, the effect is never indifferent. They either appear like ministers of divine vengeance, and their course through the world is marked by desolation and oppression, by poverty and servitude: or they are the guardian angels of the country they inhabit, busy to avert even the most distant evil, and to maintain or to procure peace, plenty, and the greatest...
229. oldal - ... rich traders, who from their success are presumed to have sharp and vigorous understandings, and to possess the virtues of diligence, order, constancy, and regularity, and to have cultivated an habitual regard to commutative justice : these are the circumstances of men that form what I should call a natural aristocracy, without which there is no nation.