Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
aforesaid amend amount annuity appears apply appointed Army authorised authority bill Board body borough building charge clerk commencement Commission Commissioners Commons Company consent Consolidated continue corporate council court Debt deemed direct district duties effect eight election enacted entitled exceeding execution expenses expression extend follows force Fund further give given Government granted holding hundred Improvement interest Ireland jurisdiction justice land lease liable Lieutenant Loans Lord Majesty Majesty's manner means ment mentioned Militia months Municipal Corporations notice offence otherwise paid parish Parliament party passing payable payment person pounds powers prescribed present proceedings provisions purchase pursuance Railway reasonable referred regulations relating rent repealed reserve respect returns roads Schedule scheme Scotland sessions tenant term thereof thousand tion town Treasury trustees unless Vict
367. oldal - A bill of exchange is an unconditional order in writing, addressed by one person to another, signed by the person giving it, requiring the person to whom it is addressed to pay on demand or at a fixed or determinable future time a sum certain in money to or to the order of a specified person, or to bearer.
375. oldal - Where a bill is addressed to two or more drawees who are not partners, presentment must be made to them all...
375. oldal - Where the bill is drawn payable elsewhere than at the residence or place of business of the drawee.
455. oldal - A married woman shall be capable of entering into and rendering herself liable in respect of and to the extent of her separate property on any contract...
385. oldal - Where the holder of a bill refuses to receive payment supra protest, he loses his right of recourse against any party who would have been discharged by such payment.
380. oldal - Delay in making presentment for payment is excused when the delay is caused by circumstances beyond the control of the holder, and not imputable to his default, misconduct, or negligence.
388. oldal - Where the banker, on whom a crossed cheque is drawn, in good faith and without negligence pays it, if crossed generally, to a banker, and if crossed specially, to the banker to whom it is crossed, or his agent for collection...
378. oldal - Except as herein otherwise provided, when a negotiable instrument has been dishonored by nonacceptance or nonpayment, notice of dishonor must be given to the drawer and to each indorser, and any drawer or indorser to whom such notice is not given is discharged.
369. oldal - The acceptance of a bill is the signification by the drawee of his assent to the order of the drawer. The acceptance must be in writing and signed by the drawee. It must not express that the drawee will perform his promise by any other means than the payment of money.