Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
affection apostle appointed arises attend authority become blessing boards body called cause character child Christ christian church cloth common conduct considered constitution desire directions domestic duty earth Edition enter equally evil example exercise exist expressed faith father fear feeling female frequent give given God's hand happiness head heart heaven Holy honour husband instruction kind king labour less live look Lord Lord Jesus manner master means ment mind minister mother nature never object observance ordi ordinances parents persons poor practice present principle professing reason receive relationship religion religious remarks require respect rest rule schools seen servants situation society speak Spirit suppose things tion true truth unto whole wife wives woman women
176. oldal - Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows! each thing meets In mere oppugnancy: the bounded waters Should lift their bosoms higher than the shores And make a sop of all this solid globe: Strength should be lord of imbecility, And the rude son should strike his father dead: Force should be right; or rather, right and wrong, Between whose endless jar justice resides, Should lose their names, and so should justice too.
174. oldal - I exhort, therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men; for kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty (literally, gravity).
181. oldal - Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim the tribute of patriotism, who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness, these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. The mere politician, equally with the pious man, ought to respect and to cherish them. A volume could not trace all their connexions with private and public felicity.
202. oldal - Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, And shut thy doors about thee: Hide thyself as it were for a little moment, Until the indignation be overpast. For, behold, the Lord cometh out of his place To punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity : The earth also shall disclose her blood, And shall no more cover her slain.
103. oldal - Servants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh ; not with eye-service, as men-pleasers, but in singleness of heart, fearing God ; and whatsoever ye do, do it- heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men ; knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance ; for ye serve the Lord Christ.
164. oldal - For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.
39. oldal - Whatever hypocrites austerely talk Of purity and place and innocence, Defaming as impure what God declares Pure, and commands to some, leaves free to all. Our maker bids increase, who bids abstain But our destroyer, foe to God and man?
103. oldal - Christ; not with eye-service, as men-pleasers, but as the servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart; with good will doing service, as to the Lord and not to men, knowing that whatsoever good thing any man doeth, the same shall he receive of the Lord, whether he be bond or free.