Voyage of the United States Frigate Potomac: Under the Command of Commodore John Downes, During the Circum-navigation of the Globe, in the Years 1831, 1832, 1833, and 1834
Harper & Brothers, 1835 - 560 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Acheen American anchor anchorage appearance Argentine arrival Batavia beautiful boat Brazil breeze Buenos Ayres Callao called Canton Cape Captain character China Chinese climate Cloudy coast of Sumatra colony command commerce commodore crew distance Dutch dysentery east eighteen hundred English Falkland Falkland Islands fathoms favourable feet fifteen hundred foreign frequently frigate harbour honour India inhabitants interesting island Java Javans King labour land latitude Lieutenant Lima Macao Malays ment miles monsoon morning mountains nations natives northeast northwest Oahu ocean officers Palembang passage passed pepper period piculs port Portuguese Potomac present procured Pulo Quallah-Battoo rajah Rejangs river sailed seen seventeen hundred ship shore Shubrick sick-list side soon southeast square miles Strait Strait of Sunda Sumatra thousand tion town trade twenty United Valparaiso Variable vegetables Vernet vessels vols voyage whole wind
416. oldal - What though the spicy breezes Blow soft o'er Ceylon's isle ; Though every prospect pleases, And only man is vile ? In vain, with lavish kindness, The gifts of God are strewn ; The heathen, in his blindness, Bows down to wood and stone. 3 Shall we, whose souls are lighted With wisdom from on high, Shall we, to men benighted, The lamp of life deny ? Salvation, O ! salvation ! The joyful sound proclaim, Till each remotest nation Has learned Messiah's name.
356. oldal - And the whole earth was of one language and of one speech. And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar; and they dwelt there.
579. oldal - The Swiss Family Robinson; or, the Adventures of a Father and Mother and Four Sons on a Desert Island. With Explanatory Notes and Illustrations. First and Second Series. New Edition, complete in one volume, 3s. 6d. Geography for my Children. By Mrs. Harriet Beecher Stowe. Author of " Uncle Tom's Cabin,
129. oldal - And king Solomon made a navy of ships in Ezion-geber, which is beside Eloth, on the shore of the Red sea, in the land of Edom. And Hiram sent in the navy his servants, shipmen that had knowledge of the sea, with the servants of Solomon. And they came to Ophir, and fetched from thence gold, four hundred and twenty talents, and brought it to king Solomon.
581. oldal - DUTIES ; Or, Instructions to Young Married Ladies on the Management of their Households, and the Regulation of their Conduct in the various Relations and Duties of Married Life. By Mrs W.
571. oldal - Perils of the Sea ; being Authentic Narratives of Remarkable and Affecting Disasters upon the Deep. With Illustrations of the Power and Goodness of God in Wonderful Preservations.
261. oldal - By these were the isles of the Gentiles divided in their lands; every one after his tongue, after their families, in their nations.
581. oldal - With Engravings. NATURAL HISTORY ; or, Uncle Philip's Conversations .with the Children about Tools and Trades among the Inferior Animals. 18mo. With numerous Engravings. INDIAN TRAITS. By the Author of "INDIAN LIVES." In 2 vols. 18mo. With Engravings. TALES FROM AMERICAN HISTORY. By the Author of "AMERICAN POPULAR LESSONS.