Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
appeared beautiful became become believe called cause character Christian Church continued course death early effect England expression eyes fact feeling feet five four give given gold ground hand head heart hope hour human hundred interest John Johnson kind known labor lady land late leave less letter light lived look manner matter means meeting mind moral nature never night once passed period person poor present produced published reached readers reason received remarkable respect seems seen side Society soon speak spirit stand success taken things thou thought thousand tion took true truth turned volume whole writing young
469. oldal - For the love of Christ constraineth us ; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead ; and that He died for all, that they who live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto Him who died for them, and rose again.
493. oldal - ... it has been delayed till I am indifferent, and cannot enjoy it; till I am solitary, and cannot impart it; till I am known, and do not want it. I hope it is no very cynical asperity not to confess obligations where no benefit has been received, or to be unwilling that the public should consider me as owing that to a Patron, which Providence has enabled me to do for myself.
446. oldal - ... But Jesus withdrew himself with his disciples to the sea : and a great multitude from Galilee followed him, and from Judea, 8 And from Jerusalem, and from Idumea, and from beyond Jordan; and they about Tyre and Sidon, a great multitude, when they had heard what great things he did, came unto him. 9 And he spake to his disciples, that a small ship should wait on him, because of the multitude, lest they should throng him. 10 For he had healed many ; insomuch that they pressed upon him for to touch...
445. oldal - Now the names of the twelve apostles are these ; the first, Simon, who is called Peter, and Andrew his brother ; James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother ; Philip and Bartholomew ; Thomas, and Matthew the publican ; James the son of Alpheus, and Lebbeus, whose surname was Thaddeus, Simon the Canaanite, and Judas Iscariot who also betrayed him.
493. oldal - When, upon some slight encouragement, I first visited your lordship, I was overpowered, like the rest of mankind, by the enchantment...
349. oldal - Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone ; if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established. And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church : but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.
74. oldal - What a horror they outpour On the bosom of the palpitating air! Yet the ear it fully knows, By the twanging, And the clanging, How the danger ebbs...
447. oldal - And the apostles, when they were returned, told him all that they had done. And he took them, and went aside privately into a desert place belonging to the city called Bethsaida.
446. oldal - When JESUS, therefore, saw his mother, and the disciple standing by whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son. Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother. And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.