Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
admit afford amusements appear arises associate attachment attainments attention authority called cause character child Christ Christian close command comparatively compelled death dependance desire devotion direct display divine duty effect employed equally essential evil excite exercises expect expression Father feel felt force future give given glory grace habits hand happiness heart holy honour hope human imagine importance impressions improvement influence injury instruction intellectual interest Jesus knowledge LETTER light live look Lord manner means mental mind Miss moral nature never object observation operate opinion Parents pass passions person pleasure possess prayer present principles produce promise reason receive reference reflections religion religious remain render require scene Scriptures sentiments society sometimes spirit standing stations subjects superior suppose taste things thou tion truth unto visits whole writer
190. oldal - Therefore shall ye lay up these my words in your heart and in your soul, and bind them for a sign upon your hand, that they may be as frontlets between your eyes. And ye shall teach them your children, speaking of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.
78. oldal - One song employs all nations; and all cry, ' Worthy the Lamb, for he was slain for us!' The dwellers in the vales and on the rocks Shout to each other, and the mountain tops From distant mountains catch the flying joy; Till, nation after nation taught the strain, Earth rolls the rapturous Hosanna round.
37. oldal - tis madness to defer: Next day the fatal precedent will plead ; Thus on, till wisdom is push'd out of life. Procrastination is the thief of time ; Year after year it steals, till all are fled, And to the mercies of a moment leaves The vast concerns of an eternal scene.
209. oldal - Furthermore, we have had fathers of our flesh, which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live? For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.
26. oldal - My son, hear the instruction of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother: 9 For they shall be an ornament of grace unto thy head, and chains about thy neck.
168. oldal - Walk about Zion, and go round about her : Tell the towers thereof. Mark ye well her bulwarks, Consider her palaces ; That ye may tell it to the generation following : For this God is our God for ever and ever : He will be our guide even unto death.
61. oldal - Thus saith the Lord God, I will yet for this be inquired of by the house of Israel, to do it for them ; I will increase them with men like a flock.
193. oldal - These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.
71. oldal - And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.