Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
affairs aged amount appeared appointed arms army Assembly attack Bill body British brought called Captain carried cause Chamber charge Charles Church command Committee constitution course Court daughter death Duke duty Earl effect eldest election England entered fire Foot force foreign France French George German give given Government Guards Hall hand head Henry honour hope House immediately important interest Ireland Italy James John King lady land late Lord Lord John Russell Major March measure Members ment Minister object opinion Parliament party passed peace persons political position present prisoner proceeded proposed question received respect returned Robert Royal sent served ship speech success taken Thomas tion took trade troops United vote West whole
274. oldal - An Act to defray the Charge of the Pay, Clothing, and contingent and other Expenses of the Disembodied Militia in Great Britain and Ireland; to grant Allowances in certain Cases to Subaltern Officers, Adjutants, Paymasters, Quartermasters, Surgeons, Assistant Surgeons, Surgeons' Mates, and Serjeant Majors of the Militia ; and to authorize the Employment of the Non-commissioned Officers.
188. oldal - PAINTED ILLUSTRATIONS OF ANCIENT ARMS AND ARMOUR : A Critical Inquiry into Ancient Armour as it existed in Europe, but particularly in England, from the Norman Conquest to the Reign of Charles II. ; with a Glossary, by Sir SR MEYRICK.
111. oldal - I have the honour to acquaint you, for the information of my Lords Commissioners of the Admiralty, that at 5 o'clock PM on the 6th of August last, in latitude 24° 44
272. oldal - means the Act of the session of the eleventh and twelfth years of the reign of Her present Majesty, chapter forty-three, intituled " An Act to facilitate the performance of the duties of justices of the peace out of sessions within England and Wales, with respect to summary convictions and orders...
427. oldal - This legislation is founded upon principles as ancient as free government itself, and in accordance with them, has simply declared that the people of a Territory, like those of a State, shall decide for themselves whether slavery shall or shall not exist within their limits.
422. oldal - Oregon territory, south of the 49th degree of north latitude, being all that was insisted on by any of my predecessors, has been adjusted ; and New Mexico and Upper California have been acquired by treaty. The area of these several territories, according to a report carefully prepared by the Commissioner of the General Land Office from the most authentic information in his possession, and which is herewith transmitted, contains...
29. oldal - ... no person or persons whatsoever shall repair to his Majesty or both or either of the Houses of Parliament upon pretence of presenting or delivering any petition, complaint, remonstrance or declaration or other addresses accompanied with excessive number of people, nor at any one time with above the number of ten persons...
205. oldal - History of the Battle of Agincourt and of the expedition of Henry the Fifth into France in 1415, to which is added the roll of the men at arms in the English Army.
422. oldal - Mexico were stationed in proper time and in proper positions to cooperate efficiently with the Army. By this means their combined power was brought to bear successfully on the enemy. The great results which have been developed and brought to light by this war will be of immeasurable importance in the future progress of our country. They will tend powerfully to preserve us from foreign collisions, and to enable us to pursue uninterruptedly our cherished policy of "peace with all nations, entangling...
191. oldal - MA 1814, and was called to the bar by the Hon. Society of the Inner Temple Nov.