Twenty Short Discourses Adapted to Village Worship Or the Devotions of the Family, 1. kötet
J.W. Morris. Sold also by Burditt, 60, and Button, 24, Paternoster-Row: and Williams & Smith, Stationers' Court, London., 1807
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
accepted affections affliction answer apostle appear bear believe blessing blood bring called Christ christian comfort commands conscience consider darkness David dead death desire distress divine door duty earth enemy eternal evil eyes face faith fear former friends fruit give glory God's gospel grace hand happiness hast hath hear heart heaven Hence holy hope implies Israel Jesus judgment knowledge language latter light live look Lord means mind nature never object ourselves Paul peace perfect person pray prayer present promises Psal reason received religion respect righteousness saints salvation saved Saviour says seek SERMON shew sinner sins sometimes soul speak Spirit stand strength strong suffer thee thine things thou thoughts tion true truth turn unto voice wait wicked wrath
71. oldal - For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
113. oldal - Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest : go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven : and come, take up the cross, and follow me.
175. oldal - Who shall separate us from the love of Christ ? shall tribulation or distress or persecution or famine or nakedness or peril or sword ? Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
140. oldal - As a shepherd seeketh out his flock in the day that he is among his sheep that are scattered ; so will I seek out my sheep, and will deliver them out of all places where they have been scattered in the cloudy and dark day.
102. oldal - They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins, and goatskins, being destitute, afflicted, tormented; (of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.
25. oldal - Like as a father pitieth his children, so the Lord pitieth them that fear Him. For he knoweth our frame ; He remembereth that we are dust.
146. oldal - And a certain woman named Lydia, a seller of purple, of the city of Thyatira, which worshipped God, heard us ; whose heart the Lord opened, that she attended unto the things which were spoken of Paul.
115. oldal - For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called : but God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty...
87. oldal - And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness : and he was called the Friend of God.
78. oldal - None of them can by any means redeem his brother, Nor give to God a ransom for him...