Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
advantage againſt alſo amongſt appears authority becauſe become called caſe cauſe Chriſtian circumſtances civil common concerning condition confider confideration conſequence conſtitution continue crime danger depends doubt duty effect equal eſtabliſhed evil example exiſtence expected firſt give greater habits hand happineſs himſelf houſe human importance inſtance intended intereſt itſelf judge juſtice kind labour land leſs liberty living mankind marriage means meaſure ment mind moral moſt muſt nature neceſſary never oath obligation obſerved occaſion opinion parents particular parties perſon pleaſure prayer preſent principle produce promiſe proviſion puniſhment purpoſe queſtion reaſon received religion religious requires reſt rule ſame ſay ſeems ſhall ſhould ſome ſtate ſubjećt ſuch ſufficient ſuppoſe themſelves theſe thing thoſe tion truth uſe virtue whole whoſe
347. oldal - Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good. and thou shalt have praise of the same: for he is a minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath- but also for conscience
34. oldal - For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance : but from him that hath not, shall be taken away even that which he hath. And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness : there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
299. oldal - And remember that thou wast a servant in the land of Egypt, and that the Lord thy God brought thee out thence through a mighty hand and by a stretched out arm: therefore the Lord thy God commanded thee to keep the sabbath day.
293. oldal - And it came to pass, that on the sixth day they gathered twice as much bread, two omers for one man. And all the rulers of the congregation came and told Moses.
178. oldal - Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath : for it is written, Vengeance is mine ; I will repay, saith the Lord. Therefore, if thine enemy hunger, feed him ; if he thirst, give him drink : for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.
276. oldal - And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint...
134. oldal - And the oath of allegiance, as administered for upwards of six hundred years, contained a promise " to be true and faithful to the king and his heirs, and truth and faith to bear of life and limb and terrene honour, and not to know or hear of any ill or damage intended him, without defending him therefrom.
74. oldal - Is not the whole land before thee? separate thyself, I pray thee, from me: if thou wilt take the left hand, then I will go to the right; or if thou depart to the right hand, then I will go to the left.
275. oldal - I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; for kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
203. oldal - And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery, and when they had set her in the midst, they say unto him ; Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act. Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned ; but what sayest thou ? This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him.