Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
The Tent and the Altar: Or Sketches From Patriarchial Life (Classic Reprint)
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2015
The Tent and the Altar: Or, Sketches from Patriarchial Life
John Cumming, Sir
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2016
Abraham altar apostle beautiful become believe better Bible blessed blood called chapter character Christ Christian church comes covenant dead death differ duty earth everlasting experience expression fact faith Father fear feel felt future gave give given glory God's gospel grace greatest hand happy hear heart heaven holy hope human Isaac Jacob Jesus King Lamb land learned leave less light live look Lord man's means nature never offered patriarch peace perfect pray prayer present priest promise quarrel reason religion rest revealed rich righteousness Sarah saved seems seen sense shadow sins Sodom soul speak Spirit suffering thee things thou thought tion true truth unto walk weary whole wife
202. oldal - But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise. Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants: the one from Mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.
143. oldal - Behold the fire and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt offering?
138. oldal - By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac ; and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son, of whom it was said ; That in Isaac shall thy seed be called ; accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead ; from whence also he received him in a figure.
70. oldal - And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ. I have fed you with milk, and not with meat : for hitherto ye were not able to bear it. Neither yet now are ye able. For ye are yet carnal : for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men...
353. oldal - And Jacob vowed a vow, saying, If God will be with me, and will keep me in this way that I go, and will give me bread to eat, and raiment to put on, so that I come again to my father's house in peace, then shall the LORD be my God...
1. oldal - Now the Lord had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will show thee. And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great ; and thou shalt be a blessing : And I will bless them that bless thee : and curse him that curseth thee : and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.
64. oldal - Let us be patient! These severe afflictions Not from the ground arise. But oftentimes celestial benedictions Assume this dark disguise. We see but dimly through the mists and vapors: Amid these earthly damps, What seem to us but sad funereal tapers May be heaven's distant lamps.
108. oldal - And he went on his journeys from the south even to Bethel, unto the place where his tent had been at the beginning, between Bethel and...