Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
action affirmed alleged amount Appellate Court appellee applied assessment assignment authority benefit bill building cause charge Chicago circuit court claimed complainant condition construction contract corporation counsel damages death deceased decree deed defendant delivered determine district duty effect entered entitled evidence executed fact filed follows fund give given granted ground held improvement injury instruction interest issue Judge judgment jurisdiction jury justice land limited matter notice objection operation opinion ordinance owner paid parties passed person petition plaintiff in error possession premises present proceeding proof proper purchase question railroad Railway real estate reason received record reference refused reversed rule signed statement statute street sufficient suit taken thereof tion trial Trower trust witness writ
226. oldal - No county, city, township, school -district, or other municipal corporation, shall be allowed to become indebted in any manner or for any purpose, to an amount, including existing indebtedness, in the aggregate exceeding five per centum on the value of the taxable property therein, to be ascertained by the last assessment for State and county taxes, previous to the incurring of such indebtedness.
155. oldal - The general principle on which this species of evidence is admitted is that they are declarations made in extremity, when the party is at the point of death, and when every hope of this world is gone — when every motive to falsehood is silenced, and the mind is induced by the most powerful considerations to speak the truth. A situation so solemn and so awful is considered by the law as creating an obligation equal to that which is imposed by a positive oath, administered in a court of justice.
29. oldal - It ordains that no state .shall make or enforce any laws which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States. . . . It ordains that no state shall deprive any person of life, liberty, or property without due process of law, or deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
438. oldal - An appeal is prosecuted from a judgment of the Appellate Court for the First District affirming a judgment of the circuit court of Cook county awarding a writ of mandamus against appellants.
573. oldal - Court erred in charging that the measure of damages was the difference between the contract price and the market price at...
505. oldal - ... for and in consideration of the sum of one dollar, to them in hand paid...
129. oldal - The true distinction, therefore, is, between the delegation of power to make the law, which necessarily involves a discretion as to what it shall be, and conferring an authority or discretion as to its execution, to be exercised under and in pursuance of the law. The first cannot be done; to the latter no valid objection can be made.
40. oldal - Class legislation, discriminating against some and favoring others, is prohibited, but legislation which, in carrying out a public purpose, is limited in its application, if within the sphere of its operation it affects alike all persons similarly situated, is not within /the amendment.
32. oldal - J.: This is an action of trespass on the case, brought in the circuit court of...
41. oldal - The discriminations which are open to objection are those where persons engaged in the same business are subject to different restrictions, or are held entitled to different privileges under the same conditions. It is only then that the discrimination can be said to impair that equal right which all can claim In the enforcement of the laws.