Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
admirable affection American animal bear beautiful become believe better body burden carry cause character child Christian church comes deal desire difference direction doubt duty expression eyes face fact fails faith feed feel feet give grow hands happy heart human idea individuality influence interest kind labor less LESSON live look man's matter mean mind mood moral motive move nature never once pass passion perfect political poor position praise produce proper question race reach reason receive regard relations respect seems sense side simple sing single social society sore soul stand suppose sympathy talk tell thing thought tion touch true truth weak whole wish woman women young
18. oldal - Beside yon straggling fence that skirts the way, With blossomed furze unprofitably gay, There, in his noisy mansion, skilled to rule, The village master taught his little school; A man severe he was, and stern to view; I knew him well, and every truant knew; Well had the boding tremblers learned to trace The day's disasters in his morning face; Full well they laughed, with counterfeited glee, At all his jokes, for many a joke had he...
25. oldal - Cheated of feature by dissembling nature, Deform'd, unfinish'd, sent before my time Into this breathing world, scarce half made up...
96. oldal - Thy song, nor ever can those trees be bare; Bold Lover, never, never canst thou kiss, Though winning near the goal - yet, do not grieve; She cannot fade, though thou hast not thy bliss, For ever wilt thou love, and she be fair!
9. oldal - Of aspect more sublime: that blessed mood In which the burthen of the mystery, In which the heavy and the weary weight Of all this unintelligible world, Is lightened; that serene and blessed mood, In which the affections gently lead us on, Until, the breath of this corporeal frame And even the motion of our human blood Almost suspended, we are laid asleep In body, and become a living soul...
177. oldal - That they are not a pipe for fortune's finger To sound what stop she please. Give me that man That is not passion's slave, and I will wear him In my heart's core, ay, in my heart of heart, As I do thee.
250. oldal - Canst thou not minister to a mind diseased ; Pluck from the memory a rooted sorrow ; Raze out the written troubles of the brain ; And, with some sweet, oblivious antidote, Cleanse the stuffed bosom of that perilous stuff, Which weighs upon the heart ? Doct.
236. oldal - For mankind are one in spirit, and an instinct bears along, Round the earth's electric circle, the swift flash of right or wrong ; Whether conscious or unconscious, yet Humanity's vast frame Through its ocean.sundered fibres feels the gush of joy or shame ; — In the gain or loss of one race all the rest have equal claim.
211. oldal - It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every Word that proceeds out of the mouth of God.