Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Aldobrandino ambassador ambassador at Rome ANTHONY TROLLOPE Apostolic authority Baronius Bellarmine Bianchi Giovini bishop Borghese briefs Camillo Borghese Canon Catholic cause censures Chapel Church civil Clement VIII cloth College Coloured Conclave Conclavist convent Council Council of Trent course Crown 8vo danger declared decree despotic doctrine Doge duty ecclesiastical election eminence enemy Europe excommunication favour Fcap France French friar hand Henry hope Illustrations Interdict JAMES AUGUSTUS St Jesuits Joyeuse King laws Leonardo Donato letter liberty mankind Maps matter means ment mind Montalto Nuncio opinion Paolo Papacy Papal party Paul persons Pontiff Pope Pope's position Post 8vo present pretensions priests prisoners protest Protestantism quarrel received reply Republic Republic of Venice result Rome's rulers sador Sala Regia Sarpi Second Edition Senate sent sewed sovereign Spain Spanish spiritual terrible friar tion Venetian ambassador Venetian government Venice Vicenza vote word
11. oldal - The Inferno. A Literal Prose Translation, with the Text of the Original printed on the same page. By John A. Carlyle, MD 5*. — The Purgatorlo. A Literal Prose Translation, with the Text printed on the same page.
21. oldal - Mayhew — Paved with Gold ; Or, THE ROMANCE AND REALITY OF THE LONDON STREETS. An Unfashionable Novel. By AUGUSTUS MAYHEW (one of the Brothers Mayhew). With Twenty-six Illustrations by "PHIZ." Demy Svo, cloth. 14*. Melincourt ; Or, SIR ORAN HAUT-TON. By the Author of ' Headlong Hall,
23. oldal - Second and Cheaper Edition. How to Make Home Unhealthy. By HENRY MORLEY. Reprinted from the
8. oldal - Seven Lectures on Shakespeare and MILTON. By the late ST COLERIDGE. A List of all the MS. Emendations in Mr. COLLIER'S Folio, 1632; and an Introductory Preface by J.
15. oldal - Costume in England. A HISTORY OF DRESS, from the Earliest Period until the close of the Eighteenth Century ; with a Glossary of Terms for all Articles of Use or Ornament worn about the Person. "By FW FAIRHOLT, FSA With upwards of 600 Engravings, drawn on Wood by the Author.
7. oldal - Novel Adventures of Tom Thumb THE GREAT. Showing how he visited the Insect World, and learned much wisdom.
31. oldal - ANALYSIS OF ORNAMENT: THE CHARACTERISTICS OF STYLES. An Introduction to the Study of the History of Ornamental Art. With many Illustrations.
28. oldal - Tales of the Trains : Being some CHAPTERS OF RAILROAD ROMANCE. By TILBURY. TRAMP. With Numerous Illustrations by
11. oldal - Arranged to meet the requirements of the Syllabus of the Science and Art Department of the Committee of Council on Education, South Kensington.
21. oldal - TORRENS M'CULLAGH. Second Edition. Svo, cloth. 10». 64 Macknight — History of the Life and Times OF EDMUND BURKE. BY THOMAS MACKNIGHT, Author of "The Right Hon. B. Disraeli, MP : a Literary and Political Biography," and "Thirty Years of Foreign Policy : a History of the Secretaryships of the Earl of Aberdeen and Viscount Palmerston.