Catalogue of Books on Angling Including Icthyology, Pisciculture, Fisheries,and Fishing Laws
J. Wilson and son, 1882 - 77 oldal
Consists of the inventory of a collection of 1014 volumes and 269 pamphlets, formed by John Bartlett and presented to the Library of Harvard College, November 17, 1892. In 1896 the library published a catalogue of the collection, as number 51 of its bibliographical contributions.
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
2nno A’eport A&port Angler's Guide Art of Angling Art of Fishing Art of Trolling Artificial Flies Baits Books on Angling British Charles Cotton coloured Complete Angler containing Contemplative Man's Recreation copies were printed Crown 8vo Eclogues Edinburgh Emerson Charnley England engravings enlarged Entitled Experienced Angler Fifth edition Fish and Fishing Fish-ponds Fisher's Garland Fisheries Fly-Fishing Folio Fourth edition Henry Ibid Ichthyology Illustrated instructions Izaak Walton John Major Lakes Large paper Laws of Angling London no date Natural History Newcastle North Notes º º º Philadelphia Piscatory Eclogues Piscium plates Poem Ponds Post 8vo Practical Treatise Printed for Emerson Rambles Report reprint Richard de Fournival Rivers Royal 8vo SCHUYLKILL FISHING COMPANY Scotland Second edition Sir John Hawkins sº º Sports Sportsman Streams Tackle Third edition Thomas Thomas Bewick THOMAS DOUBLEDAY Trout U. S. Commissioner vols WALTON and COTTON Whole Art WILLIAM William Pickering woodcuts York Zbid
72. oldal - Complete Angler; or, The Contemplative Man's Recreation : being a Discourse of Rivers, Fishponds. Fish and Fishing, written by IZAAK WALTON ; and Instructions how to Angle for a Trout or Grayling in a clear Stream, by CHARLES COTTON.
75. oldal - Sea- Fisherman: comprising the Chief Methods of Hook and Line Fishing in the British and other Seas, a glance at Nets, and remarks on Boats and Boating. Second Edition, enlarged, with 80 Woodcuts. Post 8vo. 12s. Gd. The Fly- Fisher's Entomology. By ALFRED RONALDS. With coloured Representations of the Natural and Artificial Insect.
67. oldal - The Compleat Angler, or the Contemplative Man's Recreation. Being a Discourse of Fish and Fishing, not unworthy the perusal of most Anglers.
27. oldal - Ephemera. — A Handbook of Angling; Teaching Fly-fishing, Trolling, Bottomfishing, Salmon-fishing ; with the Natural History of River Fish, and the best modes of Catching them. By EPHEMERA.
49. oldal - A DISCOURSE OF THE GENERALL ART OF FISHING, WITH THE ANGLE, or otherwise : and of all the hidden secrets belonging thereunto. TOGETHER WITH THE CHOYCE, ORDRING, BREEDING, AND DYETTING OF THE FIGHTING COCK. Being a worke never in that nature handled by any former Author.
22. oldal - DAVY'S (SiR HUMPHRY) Consolations in Travel; or, Last Days of a Philosopher, fifth Edition. Woodcuts. Fcap. Svo. 6s. Salmonia; or, Days of Fly Fishing. With some Account of the Habits of Fishes belonging to the genus Salmo. fourth Edition. Woodcuts. Fcap. Svo. 6s. DENNIS' (GEORGE) Cities and Cemeteries of Etruria; or, the extant Local Remains of Etruscan Art.
70. oldal - The Complete Angler of Izaak Walton and Charles Cotton. Extensively embellished with engravings on copper and wood, from original paintings and drawings by first-rate artists. To which are added an introductory essay; the Linnaean arrangement of the various river fish delineated in the work, and illustrative notes.
24. oldal - Tooles, Baytes, and Seasons for the taking of any Fish, in Pond or River: practised and familiarly opened in three Bookes. By ID Esquire.
75. oldal - WHOLE ART OF FISHING ; being a Collection and Improvement of all that has been written upon this subject: with many New Experiments.
68. oldal - The complete angler: or, contemplative man's recreation. Being a discourse on rivers, fish-ponds, fish, and fishing. In two parts. The first written by Mr. Izaak Walton, the second by Charles Cotton, Esq.; To which are now prefixed, the lives of the authors. Illustrated with cuts of the several kinds of river-fish, and of the implements used in angling, views of the principal scenes described in the book, and notes historical, critical and explanatory.