Catalogue of Books on Angling Including Icthyology, Pisciculture, Fisheries,and Fishing Laws
J. Wilson and son, 1882 - 77 oldal
Consists of the inventory of a collection of 1014 volumes and 269 pamphlets, formed by John Bartlett and presented to the Library of Harvard College, November 17, 1892. In 1896 the library published a catalogue of the collection, as number 51 of its bibliographical contributions.
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
added Additions American Art of Angling Artificial Flies Baits Book British Catalogue Charles coloured Complete Angler comprising containing Contemplative copies were printed corrected Cotton Country Crown 8vo Culture Description directions Edinburgh Edward Emerson Charnley England English engravings enlarged Entitled Essay experience Fish Fish and Fishing Fisher's Garland Fisheries Fly-Fishing Folio Fourth edition Fresh Habits Henry hundred Hunting Illustrated improved instructions JAMEs John kinds Lakes Laws London no date methods Natural History Newcastle North Notes numerous º º observations original Paris Philadelphia Piscatory plates Poem Post 8vo Practical principal Printed for Emerson published Rambles Report reprint revised Richard Rivers Robert Royal 8vo Salmon Scotland seasons Second edition Secrets Series Songs sorts Sports Streams Tackle taking Third edition Thomas Three tions Treatise Trolling Trout U. S. Commissioner United various vols Walton Water whole wood woodcuts written York Young
72. oldal - Complete Angler; or, The Contemplative Man's Recreation : being a Discourse of Rivers, Fishponds. Fish and Fishing, written by IZAAK WALTON ; and Instructions how to Angle for a Trout or Grayling in a clear Stream, by CHARLES COTTON.
75. oldal - Sea- Fisherman: comprising the Chief Methods of Hook and Line Fishing in the British and other Seas, a glance at Nets, and remarks on Boats and Boating. Second Edition, enlarged, with 80 Woodcuts. Post 8vo. 12s. Gd. The Fly- Fisher's Entomology. By ALFRED RONALDS. With coloured Representations of the Natural and Artificial Insect.
67. oldal - The Compleat Angler, or the Contemplative Man's Recreation. Being a Discourse of Fish and Fishing, not unworthy the perusal of most Anglers.
27. oldal - Ephemera. — A Handbook of Angling; Teaching Fly-fishing, Trolling, Bottomfishing, Salmon-fishing ; with the Natural History of River Fish, and the best modes of Catching them. By EPHEMERA.
49. oldal - A DISCOURSE OF THE GENERALL ART OF FISHING, WITH THE ANGLE, or otherwise : and of all the hidden secrets belonging thereunto. TOGETHER WITH THE CHOYCE, ORDRING, BREEDING, AND DYETTING OF THE FIGHTING COCK. Being a worke never in that nature handled by any former Author.
22. oldal - DAVY'S (SiR HUMPHRY) Consolations in Travel; or, Last Days of a Philosopher, fifth Edition. Woodcuts. Fcap. Svo. 6s. Salmonia; or, Days of Fly Fishing. With some Account of the Habits of Fishes belonging to the genus Salmo. fourth Edition. Woodcuts. Fcap. Svo. 6s. DENNIS' (GEORGE) Cities and Cemeteries of Etruria; or, the extant Local Remains of Etruscan Art.
70. oldal - The Complete Angler of Izaak Walton and Charles Cotton. Extensively embellished with engravings on copper and wood, from original paintings and drawings by first-rate artists. To which are added an introductory essay; the Linnaean arrangement of the various river fish delineated in the work, and illustrative notes.
24. oldal - Tooles, Baytes, and Seasons for the taking of any Fish, in Pond or River: practised and familiarly opened in three Bookes. By ID Esquire.
75. oldal - WHOLE ART OF FISHING ; being a Collection and Improvement of all that has been written upon this subject: with many New Experiments.
68. oldal - The complete angler: or, contemplative man's recreation. Being a discourse on rivers, fish-ponds, fish, and fishing. In two parts. The first written by Mr. Izaak Walton, the second by Charles Cotton, Esq.; To which are now prefixed, the lives of the authors. Illustrated with cuts of the several kinds of river-fish, and of the implements used in angling, views of the principal scenes described in the book, and notes historical, critical and explanatory.