Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Algernon already appeared arrived attention beauty become believe brought called Catherine Charles continued course dear demanded desire direction door Emma entered exclaimed eyes fact fancy favour feel felt Fogg fortune further gazed give hand Hannah happy Hartop head heard heart honour hope hour Howard interest Joshua Julia kind lady late least leave less letter live look lost madam manner Margaret matter means mind Miss moment morning mother nature nearly never night observed offered once party passed perhaps person play pleasure poor positively present question raised received Reginald replied respect scarcely sense shillings Standish Street suddenly sure taken tell things thought tion town turned verily whilst whole wife Wilmington window young
271. oldal - Prescott's Works in point of style rank with the ablest English historians, and paragraphs may be found in which the grace and elegance of Addison are combined with Robertson's cadence and Gibson's brilliancy.
271. oldal - Work is now complete as far as he has written it, and contains the history of the American Revolution considered in all its causes — the rise of the Union of the United States from the body of the people — the change in the colonial policy of France — and the consequences of the endeavours of Great Britain to consolidate her power over America.
237. oldal - Fillet of a fenny snake, In the cauldron boil and bake : Eye of newt, and toe of frog, Wool of bat, and tongue of dog...
68. oldal - Clowns for posterity may cark and care, That cannot outlive death but in an heir ! By more than wealth we propagate our names, That trust not to successions, but our fames. Let hidebound churls yoke the laborious ox, Milk hundred goats, and shear a thousand flocks, Plant gainful orchards, and in silver shine, Thou of all fruits shouldst only prune the vine, Whose fruit, being tasted, might erect thy brain To teach some...
271. oldal - England." Its style is lofty and eloquent, written with candour, neither exaggerating vices of character, nor reviving national animosities, but rendering a just tribute to virtue, wherever found.
271. oldal - Bancroft's standard work is now complete as far as he has written it, and contains the History of the American Revolution considered in all its causes— the rise of the Union of the United States from the body of the people— the change in the colonial policy...
221. oldal - We find our tenets just the same at last. Both fairly owning Riches, in effect, No grace of Heaven or token of th' elect; Given to the fool, the mad, the vain, the evil, To Ward, to Waters, Chartres, and the devil.
266. oldal - Nile;' and precisely thus it befel Goldsmith. His comedy completed, Kitty's ' bilious' complaint began; and there was soon an overflow of gall. Matters could not have fallen out worse for...
270. oldal - LYTTON. Two years have been occupied in their production, and more than Five Hundred Thousand Volumes have been purchased by an intelligent public. When it is considered, that in this reissue, we give the complete Series of Bulwer Lytton's Works for Thirty-one Shillings and Sixpence...