This is the one and only travel guide you need to South Korea.
Frommer's South Korea gives you the complete overview of insider knowledge on where and what to visit in this stunningly beautiful country, all in meticulous detail to point you towards the best that it has to offer.
Packed with detailed, outspoken and honest reviews, this guide gives you the lowdown on what’s worth your time and what’s not, providing extensive listings of accommodation, attractions and restaurants around South Korea’s cities and towns whatever your budget.
- The best natural wonders from hot springs to limestone caves
- Advice on how to steer away from the touristy and the inauthentic, and see the real heart of South Korea
- Eat a Hanjeongsik (full-course meal) in a neighbourhood cafe in Seoul, attend the Busar Film Festival, shop for the country’s best fabrics (ramie fabrics) at the markets in Hansan
- Hike the Seoraksan Mountains (or just buy the area’s famous mushrooms and honey). Seek out tea houses, Buddhist temples, battlegrounds, and parks throughout the region, as well as all the best activities available around the country from hiking to skiing
- South Korea’s regions and highlights are broken down by thoughtful chapter sections with itineraries and accompanying maps to help you to plan your way while you stay, according to your timeframe
- Amongst all of these you’ll find the latest trip-planning advice and money-saving tips, as well as a complete shopper’s guide and directory of useful contacts to ensure you make the most of your stay in this breathtaking country