Discourses on Various Points of Christian Faith and Practice: Most of which Were Delivered in the Chapel of the Oratoire in Paris in the Spring of M.DCCC.XVI
P.W. Gallaudet, 1818 - 239 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
able affections Apostle Author awful become believe blood body breast brethren called cause character Christian conduct conscience consider continually Cross darkness death delight direct disciples DISCOURSE Divine doctrines doubt draw dreadful duty earth enjoy entire eternal evil existence faith Father fear feel followers forms friends future give given glory God's Gospel grace guilt hand happiness hath heart heaven holy Holy Spirit hope human humble ignorance important influence interest Jesus Christ kind kingdom knowledge lead light lively look Lord means mind moral motives nature necessary never obedience object pass past peace perfect pleasure pray prayer prepare present principles reason receive regard render repentance rest sacred Saviour Scriptures sinner sins sons soon sorrow soul speak Spirit suffer sure things thou thoughts tion true trust truth understanding unto wisdom
5. oldal - Neither pray I for these alone but for them also which shall believe on me through their word, that they all may be one,— as thou Father art in me and I in thee that they also may be one in us : that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them, that they may be one even as we are one.
198. oldal - Christ, of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, that he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man, that Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith ; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all saints, what is the breadth and length and depth and height ; and to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.
7. oldal - Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; For he hath visited and redeemed his people, And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David; As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began.
205. oldal - Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened, and the ears of the deaf shall be unstopped. Then shall the lame man leap as an hart and the tongue of the dumb sing, for in the wilderness shall waters break out, and streams in the desert.
108. oldal - If ye were of the world, the world would love his own ; but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
180. oldal - But those things, which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled.
179. oldal - And a certain man lame from his mother's womb was carried, whom they laid daily at the gate of the temple which is called Beautiful, to ask alms of them that entered into the temple ; who seeing Peter and John about to go into the temple asked an alms.
101. oldal - Now before the feast of the passover, when Jesus knew that his hour was come that he should depart out of this world unto the Father, having loved his own which were in the world, he loved them unto the end.
118. oldal - Servants obey in all things your masters, according to the flesh, not with eye-service, as men-pleasers, but in singleness of heart, fearing God.