Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
able appear arrived asked assistance attended become Bible blessing Boys called cause Christ Christian Church classes Committee Congregation considerable continued conversation copies course death desire distributed Divine Education effect encouraging English established faith feel four friends Girls give given Gospel Greek hand hear heard heart Heathen Holy hope important increase instruction interesting Islands Jesus Jews John knowledge labours land lately leave Letter live Lord March means Meeting miles mind Mission Missionary months morning Native never object persons poor prayer preached present printed Public received Religion religious Report respect Schools Scriptures seemed sent Service Society soon soul spirit Station Sunday Testament things tion Tracts truth various village whole wish Worship writes young
253. oldal - Let him study the Holy Scriptures, especially the New Testament. Therein are contained the words of eternal life. It has God for its Author ; salvation for its end ; and truth, without any mixture of error, for its matter.
514. oldal - Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's, but he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.
236. oldal - Cast thy bread upon the waters : for thou shall find it after many days.
155. oldal - Sirs, why do ye these things? We also are men of like passions with you, and preach unto you that ye should turn from these vanities unto the living God, which made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all things that are therein: Who in times past suffered all nations to walk in their own ways.
228. oldal - As the mountains are round about Jerusalem, so the LORD is round about his people from henceforth even for ever.
205. oldal - Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, and the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that He might be glorified.
123. oldal - God, in his wise providence, to take out of this world the soul of our deceased brother, we therefore commit his body to the ground; earth to earth, ashes to ashes, dust to dust; looking for the general Resurrection in the last, day, and the life of the world to come...
190. oldal - Greeks seek after wisdom ; but we preach Christ crucified, to the Jews a stumbling-block, and to the Greeks foolishness, but to them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.
124. oldal - And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, in meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God, peradventure, will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth...
223. oldal - It is also true of the sheep in this country, that a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him; for they know not the voice of strangers. The shepherd told me that many of his sheep are still wild ; that they had not yet learned their names ; but that by teaching they would all learn them. The others which knew their names he called tame.