Bible Witnesses from Bible Lands: Verified in the Researches of the Explorers and Correspondents of the American Holy-Land Expedition ... Joppa and Jerusalem
American Holy-Land Expedition, 1874 - 174 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
American ancient appearance Arab asked beautiful believe Bible brought building called camel camp Christian church comes cross deep described dogs earth east enter EXPLORATION eyes face feet five flowers followed four fruit gate give half hand head heard hills Holy Land horses hour hundred Jerusalem Jesus Jews John Joppa kind King leaves lion lived look Lord March Mark means miles Mohammedan morning Mount mountain native nearly never olive once oranges Palestine party passage passed piece pilgrims plain poor present road rock Roman round Salt says seen side SPECIMEN standing stone story Temple thing Thou thousand to-day told took town travelers tree turn valley village wall whole women yonder York
124. oldal - Behold, the days come, saith the Lord God, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the Lord: and they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the Lord, and shall not find it.
119. oldal - Behold, I and the children whom the LORD hath given me are for signs and for wonders in Israel from the LORD of hosts, which dwelleth in mount Zion.
132. oldal - On the next day much people that were come to the feast, when they heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem, 13 took branches of palm trees, and went forth to meet him, and cried. Hosanna: Blessed is the King of Israel that cometh in the name of the Lord.
125. oldal - Look upon Zion, the city of our solemnities: thine eyes shall see Jerusalem a quiet habitation, a tabernacle that shall not be taken down, not one of the stakes thereof shall ever be removed, neither shall any of the cords thereof be broken.
172. oldal - For the bodies of those beasts, whose blood is brought into the sanctuary by the high priest for sin, are burned without the camp. Wherefore Jesus also, that He might sanctify the people with His own Blood, suffered without the gate.
184. oldal - And he was withdrawn from them about a stone's cast, and kneeled down and prayed, saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me : nevertheless, not my will, but thine be done. And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him. And being in an agony, he prayed more earnestly ; and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground.
156. oldal - And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out.
183. oldal - I will set in the desert the fir tree, and the pine, and the box tree together: That they may see, and know, and consider, and understand together, that the hand of the Lord hath done this, and the Holy One of Israel hath created it.